i have fibromyalgia and have just applied for pip is there any thing else i need to do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

i have fibromyalgia and have just applied for pip is there any thing else i need to do

chrissy14
chrissy14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am a retired nurse due to ill health and need some  advice i have fibromyalgia and have been retired for a year now and have just applied for pip is there and thing else i need to do 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chrissy14 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and your benefit enquiry.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members who join.

I would advise as you have filled in the form.  It is waiting for an assessment.  The date when you have an assessment.

When that comes it will come with a booklet and what you need to do for the assessment.

Read what it contains carefully.

We will support you for this..  You will  need to prepare for the assessment.

Please ask anything. Please also may I add have a look at our posts for Talk about PIP/.DLA.

These are posts from our members. Something to consider looking at.  Will guide and advise you . Lots of support.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • chrissy14
    chrissy14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi my assessment was yesterday as a nurse i thought i would be ok but it felt like they scooped my guts out for display and poked around in them.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chrissy14 Thank you for reply.  So sorry what you have been through.

You have come to the right place for support. I know many members have been through all of this. Are here to reassure you.

Offer words of comfort. 

Including myself.  Had assessment last year and hand back car . September. Having last year lost the car. On the Motability scheme had been on the scheme for twenty years.

Now have lost my independence but fight on.  Had to change and adapt . Do a lot on line shopping, banking.prescriptions. Go around by taxi

Also struggle and strive but have all the interests of members like yourself at heart.  Being community champion .  On the forum.

Do understand . You are a valued member of our community.

I am here to listen anytime.  Always here. Share and care.  

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness