Moving from dla to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving from dla to pip

dawn73
dawn73 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hi my daughter is 16 in April we have a visit on Tuesday 8th January .about me being her appointee.what questions will they ask us.my daughter who has epilepsy. Sleep disorder.autism. she stressful about the visit .can anyone one please help ..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When i become my daughters appointee last year the only question that person asked was to my daughter and that was if she agreed for me to become her appointee. The DWP rep then just filled in the form and i signed. The appointment really isn't anything to worry about.

It will take about a week after that visit for the changes to take place. Then you'll receive a letter in the post.

Once it's done, all letters about your daughters benefits will be addressed to you and you need to sign all the forms.

My daughters PIP goes into my bank account and then i transfer it to her bank. I help her with her money from there.

When you return the PIP form, don't forget to send evidence to support her claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JCC
    JCC Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    It is worth asking the DWP for a BF58 it is the official letter from the DWP stating the details of the appointee.   The BF58 can also be useful as evidence of a person’s difficulties or disabilities if and when required.   
  • poppy123456
    JCC said:
    It is worth asking the DWP for a BF58 it is the official letter from the DWP stating the details of the appointee.   The BF58 can also be useful as evidence of a person’s difficulties or disabilities if and when required.   
    This is automatically sent once all the information is entered into the computer after the DWP representative visits your home.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JCC
    As Poppy 123456 said, the BF58 should be sent automatically but it doesn’t always get sent out unfortunately as I have discovered
    but it is worth chasing up if it doesn’t arrive.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    BF58 is a form about an Appointee ending, a BF57 is the form about an Appointee being appointed:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/procedures-for-dealing-with-agents-appointees-attorneys-deputies-and-third-parties

The DWP visiting officer is supposed to explain to the potential Appointee their roles and responsibilities when being an Appointee as it has a duty to protect the individual who needs the Appointee. I really hope it's not as simple as Poppy says!
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    @BenefitsTrainingCo What i advised above is exactly what happened when a DWP representative came to my house when i become my daughters appointee. No explanation of anything was given and just one simple question was asked. I signed the forms and away she went. About 2 weeks later i had confirmation in the post.
  • JCC
    Benefits TrainingCo.

Sincere apologies . I should have said BF57 not BF58 . Very sorry.

• Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    They read over my sons and daughters paperwork and spoke to them both to ask if they agree with me being their appointee my daughter had no idea what that ment and found it rather funny to call me appointee instead of mum so the woman explained it ment I could do all the paperwork and claim her money for her gave me both their forms before she left 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.