Should I try reapplying for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I try reapplying for PIP?

Options
Sophiesmum2002
Sophiesmum2002 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if I should try reapplying for PIP for myself as I have loads of health issues like my asthma, depression and mobility problems.
I have tried to claim it for my depression quite a few years ago, but was refused as I didn't have enough proof of my depression or something like that (I can't remember exactly what the reason was for me being refused before). I was thinking of reapplying for PIP for my mobility problems, but I wouldn't know how to get the proof I would need to help my claim as I have had X-rays done on my left knee and foot in the past and they came back clear.
I just don't know what to do as my fiance is thinking of reapplying for PIP himself for his dyslexia or his bad back (I'm not sure which or if he's thinking of applying for PIP for both of his conditions), but he's hoping that his mum will be able to go with him for his appointment as she's a community carer in and around the town we live in.
I won't have anyone other than my fiance to go to my appointment with if I did reapply for PIP.
I am so confused with everything.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, PIP is about your abilities not your illness or disability. To be awarded any PIP benefits you have to meet the PIP descriptors in regard to your abilities in relation to the PIP descriptors. So when filling in your application form you have to focus on how you can or cannot meet the PIP descriptors and give several reasons why you can’t do the activities described in the PIP descriptors, remember that what ever you write in the application form reasons why you cannot do the descriptors you will, must be able to justify your  answers at the face to face acessment.
  • Sophiesmum2002
    Sophiesmum2002 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    Ok and thank you wilko.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.