PIP appeal using Online Service — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal using Online Service

fibromummy
fibromummy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all,

I have recently had my mandatory reconsideration which resulted in no change from my original decision (as expected). I went onto the gov website to download the appeal forms & it offered me the opportunity to file my appeal online. Has anyone else appealed this way? Is it just as effective? I can't seem to find much about it other than its being piloted in certain areas. 

Many thanks :-)

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Yes apparrently is just as good as applying by post just send in any extra medical info. Do this as soon as possible once they acknowledge your appication. I would advise you to send in 3 yrs of medical records this free of charge from your GP. I did this for my appeal and the judge said it was good to have the info. I won my apoeal went from standard care to Enchanced and no mobility to Enchanced mobility.
    Goodluck.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure lots of our members would be interested to hear how you get on with this @fibromummy, wishing you all the best!
  • fibromummy
    fibromummy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for the info Linda, I will definitely do that  :)

I will keep this thread updated Pippa so that others can refer to it.

I completed the online application on Friday 11th. The site was easy to navigate and clear. I completed all sections and received an email immediately to state that my appeal had been received and that I would be contacted once the appeal was officially logged.

On Tuesday 15th, I received an email informing me that the appeal had now been logged and I was given my appeals reference number along with the details of where to send evidence. There is also a case tracking link where you can track the progress of your appeal. Mine is currently at 'Awaiting DWP response' along with the date they need to do this by (18th Feb).

On Wednesday 16th, I received written confirmation from HM Courts & Tribunal Service reiterating the above as well as informing me of my local tribunal venue.

:) 
  • bunnybob
    bunnybob Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi fibromummy

Was just wondering if you have any update on your pip appeal, as I too am considering using the online form to submit my PIP appeal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.