Why am i not entitled to PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why am i not entitled to PIP?

Options
JackieM2U
JackieM2U Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just received my pip award I have Daily liviing 
13 points and mobility 12 points but they say I’m not entitled to pip

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @JackieM2U

Welcome to our online community it’s great to meet you today!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one of the “Community Champion’s” 

We have got info for you on Benefit’s (pip)

https://search.scope.org.uk/s/redirect?collection=scope-meta&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fpip&index_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fpip&auth=OdCmUepX8Eu01lD6Q10Fhg&profile=_default&rank=1&query=Pip

It has got some info on the “point’s system”

Please please come back to me if you need any help with it??????

@steve51
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    Not sure it does not add up if you get the points you get PIP
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

For PIP you must have had the condition for 3 months and expect it to last at least a further 9 months. It's possible to score the points in the descriptors for an award but if they think your condition will improve within those 9 months then i'm afraid you won't be awarded, regardless of the points scored.

Is your condition expected to last at least 9 months? Did you recently have an operation maybe to improve your quality of life? If so then you'll need to request the MR and you'll need to prove that your condition is expected to last at least that length of time.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JackieM2U
    JackieM2U Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi yes I have eoisiphilic asthma a severe form asthma , phone 999 if I get one and go to hospital, also fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis , I phone pip today as it told me I had been awarded it  , but also had underneath I’m not entitled to it , apparently I was awarded it but person who dealt with claim had added someone else’s  information that was not getting it on looking at dates it was not mine added on this part. So supervisor is away to speak to that person and update  correct info . Thank you for replying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If they really did add someone else's information on your PIP award decision then i'd put in a complaint to DWP straight away, that's disgusting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.