I'm just being messed about — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm just being messed about

Options
anneliese
anneliese Community member Posts: 14 Listener
I need to know who I can speak to regarding a claim o made back in November for universal credit lcwra I've sent 3 lots of medical evidence in 1 that was done by welfare none of this information has been received by medical services.
ive spoken to numerous people who are saying they are waiting on confirmation or that fight support are involved (who are they) and there fast tracking he claim however on speaking to medical services this morning they are saying my claim isn't live on there end and that a decacion was sent back in November regarding previous claims to esa how can they made a decision without a face to face assesment and why are the dwp taking so long to tell me what's going on I'm getting passed from pillow to post regarding all of this and if my belief is correct they have made a descion that could be unfair as my medical history declined rapidly last year and they won't have that information I'm stressed to point I'm coming out in hives what do I do... and why are they taking so long what are they holding back 

I'm just being messed about 0 votes

Uc50
0%
Help
0%

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For the LCW were you sent a UC50 form to fill in and return? Or did you transfer from ESA and were already in a group?

The health assessment advisory don't make decisions, they write reports with recommendations and return the report to DWP. From this report a DWP decision maker will make a decision.

It's possible to have a paper based assessment but it's rare. Most people do have face to face assessments. Has a report been sent back to DWP? If it has then there's no timescales for decisions, backlogs is just part of the reason decisions can be delayed. With Christmas and New year closing days the backlogs would have increased. There's really nothing you can do until a decision's been. However, you can't be found fit for work without a face to face to assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • anneliese
    Options
    Hi yes I was sent a uc50 form I filled that in with welfare right on 3rd of November and that was not recieved so I faxed from job centre duplicate medical evidence to them that was still not recieved so I then emailed them to Leeds that were then forwarded to Newcastle I was told they had been recieved yet speaking to medical services today there was no evidence.... I'm taking it has been paper based due to medical services making a decision on previous claims..... 

my case manager has told me that there waiting on confirmation then I'm told it's with fight support I don't understand what's taking so long.

my dead line was November 14th yet I'm still waiting this has always been very straight forward with esa in the past. but I failed mandatory reconsideration last year for esa hence why I had to sign on uc I wasn't in the right frame of mind for pushing it to tribunal and I was advised to just forget the claim and dona new one through uc I so with o followed through with it
  • anneliese
    edited January 2019
    Options
    So if it has been paper based  due to no f2f assessment that surely means I've either passed lcw or lcwra.?? Through uc 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea what or who fight support are, sorry. I also not sure what you mean by a deadline?

If the report has been received back from the health assessment then it will have been a paper based assessment. Yes, either LCW or LCWRA. If it's LCW then you won't receive any extra money. If it's LCWRA then you'll receive £328 extra per month from the 4th month of your claim, starting from when you sent your first sick note in.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • anneliese
    Options
    Dead line I meant until I send my uc50 form back in and fight support was my miss hearing of sight support team. There now saying that this sight support are looking for my uc50 form however it's in my journal that it was with a descion maker on December the 10th I'm so confuesd by all of this I've put a complaint in to the dwp it's above and beyond a joke 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Once the UC50 form is returned some people wait weeks, while others wait several months and most people have face to face assessments. As you've been told that the assessment report has been returned to DWP then this is a good thing because it means you've had a paper based assessment. As previously advised, you can't be found fit for work without a face to face.

I know it's frustrating having to wait but there's really nothing more you can do until a decision's been made. The christmas/new year closing days will have added to the backlog making it even longer.

You can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.