Assessment to be recorded — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment to be recorded

elliemay
elliemay Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 
can you help please....I have asked for my assessment to be recorded and they have said they dont record in the centre I have requested even though I have to supply the recording equipment. They said that only certain centres will facilitate assessments being recorded as they have the correct forms available to sign??? Asked if they could just ensure the forms were at the centre I requested and they have said no they cant?? would not give reason why only kept repeating that there are only main centres that will facilitate recording of assessments.  Have you heard of this before - can I do anything as I do not want to go into the city centre for the appointment 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

They don't record PIP assessments for you, you have to record them yourself using your own equipment. You must use either CD/tape recorders and record 2 identical copies and hand 1 copy in at the end of the assessment. Using your own equipment then you shouldn't be refused, unless the HCP doesn't agree to the recording.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @elliemay

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today. ????

Here’s some great info/advice for you on having your “assessment recorded”

https://www.scope.org.uk/Support/Disabled-people/benefits/PIP-assessment-rights

Please come back to me if you need any further help/advice??????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.