Support to Work - Meet Zaid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support to Work - Meet Zaid

Sam_Alumni
Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

Support to Work is our online employment support service for disabled jobseekers, they offer advice to disabled people applying for jobs. This is a digital employment service supported with telephone or Skype. Their team of advisors are wonderful and they offer a personal service to any disabled person in the UK with access to the internet who is looking for employment. The experienced advisors can support you with employability skills, CV guidance, interview techniques and help you with a 12 week employment action plan. 

We are lucky to have the team here on the community as our employment advisors and we thought that today we would get to know one of the employment advisors a little better, so a warm welcome to @Zaid_Scope

man smiling to camera wearing a purple Scope Tshirt

My name is Zaid and I am an Employment Advisor on Scope’s Support to Work programme. I also cover employment enquiries on the online community. I am known in the office for playing music too loud on my headphones when I am super focussed on a task.

A typical day as Support to Work Advisor starts with checking emails to see if any of my guys have news on interviews, job starts etc. Then I begin my appointments.

I am currently working with a Support to Work customer on an application form supporting statement for a Marketing job in a charity, assisting someone else with a CV and waiting to hear back about several job interviews that some of my customers have had since the Xmas break.

Every day I check the online community feed and will answer any relevant queries there. That is a great way to give often crucial information in real time, when the person needs it. That is a hugely important resource. My role is really varied, and I enjoy speaking to, building a rapport and communicating with my customers every day.

The satisfaction we get as a team when someone goes into work is massive. We know exactly how tricky it is trying to navigate the job market and the specific challenges involved in getting an interview and going into work as a disabled person.

I feel it is an honour and privilege to be able to be a part of the online community. The level of engagement and peer support offered to those on the forum is incredibly strong. Being able to share my knowledge in such an immediate and personal way is great for a natural helper and people person like me.

The Employment team are @pia_scope @zaid_scope @donisha_scope

@mwila_scope @sara_scope and @ren_scope

If you have a question for our employment team, let them know and check out the Ask An Employment Advisor here.

Scope
Senior online community officer

Comments

Brightness