Carer's element — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Carer's element

Options
deeuk65
deeuk65 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hello can anyone advise can you claim carers element for 2 people couple if there both disabled on uc  ..as both myself and husband are severely disabled and we only get £156.45 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will both need to be claiming a qualifying benefit to claim the carers element each. Also does anyone of you claim claim LCWRA element part?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deeuk65
    Options
    we are on uc and i get  LCWRA element my husband is my carer he helps me with physical daily living ..6 months ago he took ill and since then hes been awarded pip enhanced in both elements ..i am now having to help him as hes memory has been affected ..so i was wondering if we would only get the one carers element or will we qualify for 2 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,222 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you claim LCWRA element then you won't be able to claim the carers element as well as this, i'm afraid. It's because UC say you can't be a carer and claim LCWRA. In your situation only your husband can claim the carers element.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deeuk65
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.