Gateway Condition January 16 2019 ESA claimants who receive Severe Disability Premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gateway Condition January 16 2019 ESA claimants who receive Severe Disability Premium

teejays1617
teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
The Rt Hon Amber Rudd promised that disabled people receiving SDP would not be forced
on to Universal Credit until Transitional protection is in place but Revenues and Customs
state that its 50/50 whether or not this new Gateway condition will happen at all
Please give your vital comments on this subject

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    I posted about this 2 hours ago on the ESA part of the forum.It's official and the link to the legislation is here. Happy days for everyone waiting for this! :)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • teejays1617
    Hi Poppy ,
                     Thankyou for the valuable link.Please can you tell me Poppy
    can I put a claim in for Housing Benefit after the 16th?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes you will be able to put a claim in on Thursday.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    Actually you'll be able to put a claim in on the 16th Jan... taken from the above link.
    Restriction on claims for universal credit by persons entitled to a severe disability premium

4A.  No claim may be made for universal credit on or after 16th January 2019 by a single claimant who, or joint claimants either of whom—

(a)is, or has been within the past month, entitled to an award of an existing benefit that includes a severe disability premium; and

(b)in a case where the award ended during that month, has continued to satisfy the conditions for eligibility for a severe disability premium.”

• poppy123456
    If they refuse your claim then you should give them a copy of this legislation and proof of your SDP award.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    I posted about this 2 hours ago on the ESA part of the forum.It's official and the link to the legislation is here. Happy days for everyone waiting for this! :)

Hi If everyone cared to look as I posted this all up at lunch time https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/54531/must-read-restriction-on-claims-for-universal-credit-by-persons-entitled-to-a-severe-disability-prem you will find all the answers there.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    Thanks, i posted the link here earlier because i didn't see your thread in the other part of the forum.
    Thanks, i posted the link here earlier because i didn't see your thread in the other part of the forum.
    Oh @poppy123456 it's been up all afternoon hahaha? hope you had a nice Xmas and New Year Hun. I've not been really with it myself... 
    ? been doing a little campaigning over UC and othe disability issues for a few days but worn me out..
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• poppy123456
    @Government_needs_reform ah, i don't always look over on that part of the forum. Had i seen it then i wouldn't have posted the link here lol. Oh well, it's here now for others to see B)

It was quiet, which is how i like it. Hope yours was good too? I'm sure there's a lot of people going to be very happy with this legislation, i know i am. It means that i can finally look for a new home and widen my search, so there's more choice.

Take some time for yourself now and put your feet up, you've earned a rest :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @poppy123456 you know me I like a little banter and is no malice meant as you know. I don't matter if it been posted before, I'm not bothered⭐️ 

As for Xmas New year I really can't remember much about it. It was peacful let's say, glad yours was ? too.

Yes this is good news about SDP will be good for a great many people, but in truth it's still not enough. UC is a killer and many more will surely suffer that's why I'm hoping this Government gets kicked out before it's to late.

But for now this SDP legislation will help..

I will carry on bashing the Government over this and I won't give them a moments peace either.

⬇️

• poppy123456
    I have been posting on this for months n months
    Indeed you have but until now there was no legislation, so it didn't exist.  Now there is you can claim housing benefit anytime from Wednesday.
  • [Deleted User]
  • poppy123456
    @Government_needs_reform of course i know it's banter :D always good to see your posts.

Yup, i agree about UC but for now i'll take this little good news.

Take care now!
    @Government_needs_reform of course i know it's banter :D always good to see your posts.

Yup, i agree about UC but for now i'll take this little good news.

Take care now!
    God bless you @popp@poppy123456 ❤️

@apollo14lmp Yes this is true, I only post up the facts. Be rest assured about this SDP legislation.
    ⬇️

• [Deleted User]
    Thank you ..... :)
    Your most welcome @apollo14lmp ??
    ⬇️

• [Deleted User]
  • teejays1617
    My local council are refusing to backdate my claim for Housing Benefit on their grounds they state " there has been no continuous good cause to backdate my claim " sufficient for me to say that I am not afraid to go to a court or a tribunal hearing were I will say I HAVE got continuous good cause to backdate the claim 
    based on the fact that if I had gone over to Universal Credit I would have lost over £400 of my SDP and EHP benefit and this would have more seriously impacted
    on my finances and daily living and have an even more serious impact on my health.
    The TRUTH is the councils want to blame us in this matter and if they can't blame us they will blame DWP which is the ROOT CAUSE of these problems with the government
    FEEL FREE TO COMMENT
  • [Deleted User]

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.