Who else to complain to about PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Who else to complain to about PIP?

dmidwinter148
dmidwinter148 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was awarded PIP in 2017, my condition  changed  last year and i was left with weakness on my left side as well as being diagnosed with fibo, now looking at maybe MS. I reported this to PIP and it triggered a reassessment. The nurse lied about everything calling me a lair that i needed a wheelchair or crutches, failed to menshion fibo or depression and said my anit depression meds were painkillers. Lied about me walking as well and how much movement i have in my left side. Ive reported her and ATOS as well as complaint to DWP.I got the medical report last december and she called be a liar and though i and my witness explained about my condition and how now i rely on others to help me and cant get out alone. I know it will end up i will lose my PIP just waiting on the paperwork to appeal. Its caused me so much stress ive been put under the mental health team again. I honestly feel like giving up. to be treated so badly when all you are are honest. losing 433 a month has lead me to not be able to afford to get to doctors and cant even see my therapist as can't afford it . Is there anyone else i can complain to, this needs to stop 

Comments

• blue_zebra
    blue_zebra Community member Posts: 74 Connected
    edited January 2019
    Hello @dmidwinter148 welcome to the scope community - happy to help just give me a shout. 

Firstly I am very sorry to hear this has happened to you. We do have advisors on benefits specifically here at scope who can better assist you better than myself.  

I will add the link shortly. Know that you aren't alone in this scenario. 

?  @blue_zebra ?
    Community Champion 

&

♿️?? EDSWarrior ??♿️

• blue_zebra
    https://www.scope.org.uk/support/services/information

@dmidwinter148 Try these benefit inquiries and support pages attached - I do hope you get the help you require.  Do you have any support? 

?  @blue_zebra ?
    Community Champion 

&

♿️?? EDSWarrior ??♿️

• blue_zebra
    @dmidwinter148 also try this link straight to benefits which I hope you find helpful 

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/advice

?  @blue_zebra ?
    Community Champion 

&

♿️?? EDSWarrior ??♿️

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dmidwinter148

Good Evening and Welcome is great to meet you today!!!!!!!

I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems with your (pip)

Here’s some great info for you below:

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/dwp-1

You will find some info on where to send your info on “making your complaint”

Please please come back to me if you require any further help/support?????

• dmidwinter148
    dmidwinter148 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited January 2019

Dear Sir/Madam

I write to complain of the inhuman way ive been treated by PIP assment. I am mentally unstable and this has caused my health to get to the point of wanting to end it all. Over dramatic you say but it’s not. I feel ive been treated like a liar when I have been honest? How can you break someone so much that they feel suicide is the only way out? I am not the only victim of such a demining processes and I won’t be the last. I write to you as I feel this is needed to be said, so stay with me and read to the end. Maybe you care maybe you won’t. Maybe you will just write me off as another number to be ignored. So let me tell you about myself

I am now 25 years old. I live in a room 15 x 15. I don’t get out but to have painful treatments or to see doctors who say pills will help (they barely keep the pain at bay). I am a prisoner of my disability. I live in a family that hates me because I am disabled. Every day I wake up and wonder why I must wake up. Where did the young girl whose dreams were so big go? They disappeared like morning mist never to be seen again. Nightmares replace them. My life is a nightmare I pray I wake up from everyday. I reply on others to get me up force me to eat and function enough to take my meds, enough to use the loo, the pain causing tears to fall silently from my eyes every second.  Washing is not going to happen most days, to painful and the point?. Everyday is the same they run into the next: no joy just pain.

I gathered my courage with help and applied for ESA after breaking down in the jobseekers office. I get it, there is no joy just relief. PIP next I got that in 2017. I think maybe I can cope. Maybe something good will happen. Fast forward to 2018 my condition gets worse I start to fall and am finally diagnosed with Fibomagila . I already have POS. This caused the death of my baby due to miscarriage in 2017. That wasn’t planned or even hoped for. I mean how I could look after a baby when I can’t look after myself. My heart still breaks, oh how I wish I had let sepsis take me then I would be free from pain.

2018 I went for my PIP face to face yet again. Wheelchair at the ready. Help every step. Meeting a polish nurse who was very rushed not seeming to care, just wanting to get it over with. The questions so quickly asked I had no chance to breath, trying to cope as best I could.

I let my partner do the talking mostly as I was shaking so much. I was asked to stand I explained I could not do this. Went through basic movements, I could not lift my left leg or my left arm, I could not touch my toes. I explained about what my conditions were and how they cost my joy in living. My partner backed up what help I needed and explained how I reply on everyone around me and how much I suffer. He had to give her letters as my hands were shaking so much and I could not look her in the eye. I was trying to breathe to cope with the pain.  15 minutes later she rushed us out the door.  I arrived in a taxi and left in a taxi I moved from the chair to the taix with help and crutches a mere 2 inches. This caused me a lot of pain I was honest and hoped she would be in her report.

Fast forward to November asked for copy and got it. The reading of the lies told by the nurse was shocking to say the least. Saying I was more then caple of looking after myself and walking miles. It was basically saying what I told DWP was all lies and noting was written about my depression or suicide attempts. Lies after lies, sending me into a mental breakdown, now I sit and cry praying my illnesses will take my life. How can one live on 500 a month is beyond me.  My last shred of joy snatched from me by the lies of just one person. 

I’m not sure if this is what you aspect from a complaint letter or if I should just explain of my exorince but here ive written from my heart and how I feel and how I am sure most feel. I guess you could use this against me but words are my only way to express myself now. This little letter is now causing me pain so here I will stop and hope you’ve read this. This is not just my voice but many others that I read about that have suffered from this dehumanising process.  

Yours from a broken spirited young lady

[full name removed by moderator]

Most likely not what i should send but i wrote from my heart and i really feel they need to understand how much they are killing us 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    You have to decide who is at fault. The Government have arranged this system to try to reduce the amount of benefits being paid out. Or is it the assessing company that are having to follow these political decisions Or is it the case manager who also has to follow the political decisions being carried out 
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    affii1993 said:
    @Yadnad all of them
    In which case good luck and trust that you have enough ready funds to take the government to the High Court for a JR.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dmidwinter148, I've just responded to your other post, but you can find the PIP complaints procedure here. You may also like to consider writing to your MP, which you can do here.

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you. If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

Please do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can. 

• justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi@midwinter148
    Really sorry to hear how you have been treat by the PIP process. Also the heartache of losing your baby. I have complained about the HCP who carried out my F2F assessment. You have already written to DWP you will have to wait for their response and it sounds to me that its the HCP you have the complaint about. I have had so many errors in mine from start to finish. If you are still not happy with the outcome you can then put in a second complaint in writing stating once again what you are not happy with. You then have to wait for a second response from DWP. If the response you have back is not what you want to hear and you are still unsatisfied with the outcome, this how I felt. You then can take your complaint further to a company called the Independent, Case Examiner (I.C.E.) for short. You will have to follow the complaints procedure before you contact them and have the final response from DWP for them to look at your complaint. I.C.E. will then look at your complaint and then will decide if you have a case for them to investigate. Here is the contact information for them:
    The Independent Case Examiner
    P.O.Box 209
    Bootle L20 7WA
    Phone:0800 414 8529
    Email: ice@dwp.gsi.gov.uk.

Also have you asked your GP for bereavement counselling because of your loss, this may really help you?
    Have you put in an MR appeal?
    I hope you receive the support you need and if. you want a chat I would be happy to talk to you.
    Good luck and keep in touch 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.