PIP zero points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP zero points

cotter40
cotter40 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
just got decision on my pip i suffer from mental health problems i scored no points when iv told them i cant cook my own food i cant travel unaided i basically live in my bedroom as i wis a victim of crime was stabbed an held hostage i dont go anywhere or do anything thaks

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cotter40, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances, and I'm sorry to hear about your PIP outcome too. Are you appealing the decision?

This information on the Scope page may help you get started, and do feel free to come back to us with any questions.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck
  • cotter40
    cotter40 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    i finally got through to dwp today they are sending out appeal forum for pip what happens nxt as i have doctors on 7th of february is this plenty of time to send forum back with new evidence thanks
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Well done Cotter, Go for it. Mandatory, the Tribunal, if required. I got told 'If at first you don't succeed try-try again'. Keep fighting & they'll soon get fed up.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    cotter40 said:
    i finally got through to dwp today they are sending out appeal forum for pip what happens nxt as i have doctors on 7th of february is this plenty of time to send forum back with new evidence thanks
    That maybe too late, as you've already requested the MR over the phone. DWP may just go ahead with the decision without waiting for the evidence, i've heard this happen many times before.

Letters of evidence from a GP aren't the best because a GP very rarely knows how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.