Chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic pain

cher77
cher77 Community member Posts: 95 Courageous
Hi all in chronic pain with disc degenerative disease i suffer with slipped discs,bulging discs now and again pain in hips, neck, ankles,left shoulder and left shoulder blade, depression,high blood pressure,high cholesterol, diabetes and copd I've been to pain management last year and didn't benefit from it went 3 times came out crying everytime been doing my own stretching exercises at home when i can but it makes the pain worse Im still suffering  with incontinence daily so always have a pad on been told need an adapted house got some adaptions where i live at the moment but mainly need a wet room and stair lift as apparently my current housing association won't fit a stair lift here they say the house is to old for that been back and forth to the doctor's been on all pills nothing works so now the doctor as referred me back to pain management so just waiting for an appointment i feel that they don't believe me that I'm in so much pain and that it's all in my head and its constant i don't sleep properly I've gained weight was a size 12 and now 2 years later I'm a size 16-20 I can't walk far use a mobilty scooter when i start to walk my hips and bottom of my back start burning so I try to ignore it then the burning gets worse and my legs start to shake and that just going from my bedroom to the toilet and back again i have fell previous as my left leg gives in but that's not done it since July last year please any advice would be great x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through, @cher77. It can be so tough dealing with debilitating symptoms that aren't easy for others to see, but you're among others who understand here.

I hope you manage to get your referral and housing sorted ASAP, and that our other members will be in touch. I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
  • cher77
    Hi @Pippa_Scope thanks for your reply I'm just going to think and try to be as positive as i can even with all the pain and stress it causes me it's nice to know that there are many with my condition that also know what I'm going through x
  • ncps
    ncps Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Hi @cher77, I have Chronic pain and understand how you feel. I run Northamptonshire Chronic pain support, take a look at my website www.ncpsuk.com.

Staying positive is the key but it's also very difficult as times and isolating.

Lou

Northants chronic pain support

www.ncpsuk.com

• cher77
    Hi @ncps thanks for your reply i will have a look at your website thank you I'm trying to stay positive it's hard sometimes as you will know yourself x
  • XenasMum
    XenasMum Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hi @cher77 I don't have much advice to give you but just wanted you to know I understand how it feels as I've been suffering for years with chronic pain and in fact 1 of my painkillers has even affected my eyesight. It's good to stay positive and remember that even small successes are still a success. Do you have any hobbies? As I find they can keep my mind off the pain 
    Also have you tried any of the CBD products? I don't know if they could help but it could be an option.
    Good luck sweetie xxx
  • cher77
    Hi @XenasMum thanks for your reply tried knitting but get pins and needles and numbness in my hands and fingers so doing hobby's which need me to use my hands is limited haha sorry that 1 of your pills have effected your eyesight can you tell me which one please yes just started the CBD on Sunday so no effect as yet even if it takes weeks to work I'm going to stick with it just hoping it will work and ease pain a bit x
  • XenasMum
    XenasMum Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Hi @cher77 it's cocodamol 30mg that's affected my eyesight. I've been taking it for approx 20 years as I broke my neck and back 16 years ago but had back problems previous to that (fractured coccyx 3 times). I just wish someone had told me at the time as my eye muscles have become weak and my eyesight wasn't good to start off with. xx
  • cher77
    Hi @XenasMum I'm sorry to hear that I've been taking cocodamol along with other drugs for about 7 years now I'm diabetic as well as other problems so i have a yearly eye test got my 1st one next week i do get blurred and double vision but not sure if it's due to side effects from other pills x

Brightness