Dwp say are appealing tribunal award points — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp say are appealing tribunal award points

Options
mary680
mary680 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
went to tribunal fir pip awarded points 

then two days later received letter from dwp saying they were going to appeal the decision and even if they dint win etc they may not pay money !
can dwp actually do this ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

They can't appeal the decision unless there's an error in law found. What they've done is requested the statement of reasons from HMCTS, once they have this they must find the error. Requesting this doesn't mean they're going to appeal the decision.

They have the same rights as we do to appeal any decision made, if the error in law is found. At this stage there's nothing to worry about but there's nothing you can do now until you hear from them.

It can also take 8 weeks to receive any backdated payments the owe you and slightly longer than this for your PIP payments to start.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @mary680!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.