Waited 55 weeks for tribunal date, how long does it normally take? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waited 55 weeks for tribunal date, how long does it normally take?

Clare07
Clare07 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi im waiting for my tribunal date iv waited 55weeks how long is the wait i am struggling with bills as iv waited so long

Comments

• Clare07
    I should of said im based in county Durham 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Clare07

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you've had to wait this long. Is this tribunal for PIP or ESA?

You may find this thread from our community members useful. 

• Clare07
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Clare07

Good Afternoon & Welcome ??

I am one off the “Community Champion’s.

Please please let me know if I can help you further ???
  • Clare07
    Hi i have uncontrolled photo sensitive epilepsy with grand mall epileptic seizures and patten sensitive epilepsy i also have psoriasis arthritis. Iv have waited 55 weeks for a date and it just never gets closer its alway more and more weeks to wait. I started of waiting and dwp stated 20 weeks..
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Thanks for sharing this with us @Clare07 , one of our members with more insight will be able to support you further. 
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    You need to ring the court they will tell you the timescale not the DWP
  • Clare07
    Iv rang the tribunal phone number all day and it just says its closed for emergency 
  • markyboy
    I waited 18 months for my tribunal in Northamptonshire
  • Clare07
    Oh hell thats a long time to wait.
  • markyboy
    Yes but it was worth it i won and the money was backdated 2 years so keep positive 
  • Clare07
    Ok will do thanks
  • Red1983dawn
    Red1983dawn Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    My original pip claim took 18  months sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear but I think it depends on where you live 
  • Clare07
    When i put in for tribunal i was told 20 weeks now im.on 55/56 and still no date i will just have to keep waiting 
  • Red1983dawn
    Red1983dawn Community member Posts: 26 Listener
    It's worth waiting for as my first claim was backdated the full 18 months.

And good luck to you 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    I'm so sorry to hear you've been waiting so long @Clare07, it must be difficult for you. Unfortunately I'm sure you're not alone and our other members will have experience of this too. Hopefully you'll be able to get through to them on the phone within the next few days and they'll be able to give you an update.
  • chockies
    chockies Community member Posts: 61 Courageous
    Same here and mine has only recently gone through.

If it’s helpful, somebody dy advised me to ring a charity called Step Change, they helped me work out a budget to manage bills and the small amount of money coming in.

I hope that news of your tribunal comes as soon as possible.

Has anybody complained to the dwp about wait times?

I would love to hear any feedback about this.

Chockies.
  • Clare07
    I will try and fine there number see if i can get anywhere with them thanks 
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi Clare07
    I have epilepsy mostly grand mals daily and petite mals. I am waiting for my tribunal date and have been told 54 weeks waiting time, I live in West Yorkshire.I was told there's huge back logs. I lost my PIP in may 2018 I am really struggling so I understand how you feel.The tribunal keep me updated by sending me emails which allows me to track my appeal. I am waiting for an update on the 18th of this month, which will probably say sorry but we have not got a date for your tribunal yet, I have been told it will probably be September 2019. Its the length of time people are having to wait to have their appeal heard. If you win you the waiting time for the backdated money can be 4 to 8 weeks. I know that if you win and DWP do not appeal the decision your PIP will be reinstated straight away, but you still have to wait for backdated money. I hope you hear soon and good luck with your tribunal. Keep in touch and if you do not mind let me know how you get on.
  • Clare07
    When i had my f2f the assesser had put things in the report that was mega rubbish. She put in i can drive! Cook a hot meal within half an hour of a grand mall.. im safe to go in the bath or shower un aided. I never have any idea when im going to have a grand mall so i cant put myself out of danger. I just drop or fall where ever i am i have scaled myself many times with hot drinks as i dont get time to put it down. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.