Esa migration error — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa migration error

Options
Cass13
Cass13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Good evening to everyone and great big thank you in advance for all your help. 
I'm just waiting and wondering as to what changes I can expect. 
2014 changed from incap to cb esa in support group, receiving middle rate care, low rate mobility dla, living with a partner who was in receipt of carers allowance with a income support top up.
2016 changed from dla ti pip care, srandard rate.
2017 partner retired, change in benefits, no longer entitled to carers due to age, claiming state pension no pension credits.
Thank you xxxx 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The Income Support your partner was claiming will be counted as income when calculating any Income related top up for the ESA, so you won't be entitled to any Income related top up for the time your partner was claiming Income support.

For the rest of the time, if you were still claiming the ESA then you'll need to wait to be assessed by DWP. They are in the process of contacting everyone that transferred across. You don't need to contact them, as they will eventually send you the ESA3 form to fill in and return.

It can take 12 weeks for a decision from the time they receive your form back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cass13
    Cass13 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.