Servere disable premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Servere disable premium

jude1967
jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
Servere disable premium now in law. Will they be backpacking the arreres also I still be on universal credit won.t I..as I couldn.t go through with more wait for benefits again.so those that already getting uc which I have 15mnth that I stay on universal credit or do I.have to claim a different benefit as that more stress ..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Unfortunately, because you claimed UC then you won't be able to go back and claim ESA again and you'll stay on UC.

Those that had to move across to UC because of a change of circumstances and lost the SDP will have to wait until an announcement is made because no details have been released yet. The legislation that was released a few days ago is for those claiming SDP now. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jude1967
    jude1967 Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    So really we still left in limbo..yet again they release that and most of us that lost it is still none the wiser considering this was dealt with ..Has a date been set now as they said on support group that it's was looking in spring for it to deal with the compensation..so now those that now still lost out then only the transition which in fact means nothing because they not transferring  anyone that was on there with sdp .but surely now they should have the premium now in the benefit even with uc ..
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    The new legislation is only for those still on the old benefits. If you're claiming SDP then you can't claim UC until transitional support protection is in place. The legislation for this is here. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/10/made

The premiums won't ever be paid on UC. They announced in June that those that did lose out when a change of circumstances prompted a move than they would receive some money to compensation what they lost. Other than that no further announcements have been made.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.