Worried about pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about pip review

dolly03
dolly03 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all looking for a little advice or views concerning my daughters pip

She changed over from DLA to PIP once she was 16 and was awarded for 3 years but to be reviewed after 2. She has learning difficulties, ASD and suffers with depression and anxiety.

Just before christmas the dreaded brown envelope dropped on the mat for her review. I filled in all the questions but nothing has really changed except for her anxiety is worse. G.P is trying to get to the bottom of her panic attacks but as for the pip criteria she needs the same help. Apart from the GP for medication she doesn’t really see any other professionals anymore. I seemed to be left to deal with her once she diagnosed. ?

I had a phone call last week from a disability nurse who said she works for DWP and was hoping to fill in the gaps so that maybe she doesn’t have to have an interview. I answered all her questions but they didn’t all seem to relate to usual pip questions. I was a little confused when she wanted to know what she is studying and if she was doing GCSE Maths and English. She didn’t give the impression that she had looked at all her paper work and how she is supported at college. At the end of the conversation she said that she would right up her report and hopefully it would be enough and I should here something in approximately 6 weeks. 

This week I had a text saying that there are assessment appointments available in my area over the next 7 days and if I’m available can I ring for an appointment. I have never had a text before and thought it was a scam. I have now seen on the internet that some people have has texts for DWP and sometimes have had other people texts. I don’t know what to do as I am confused from the previous conversation with the nurse, I’m not available this week and others I know have received there appointments through the post. 

Any advice or experiences would be gratefully recieved.  

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.