What would I need to make a facility fully inclusive? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What would I need to make a facility fully inclusive?

Options
L0u15e
L0u15e Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi,  This is my first time posting.  I am looking to set up a daycare facility to cater for SEN and disabled people ranging from the age of 4 until 25.  I am hoping to be able to be fully inclusive,  I want to take in Autistc, ADHD, wheelchair bound, peg fed,blind, deaf etc.  However, I do need help from you guys.  To make this facility the best that it can be and allow it to be fully inclusive could you let me know what types of things you think I would need no matter how obvious you think it might be. 

I know I will need everything to be on the same level or include ramps, a fully inclusive changing area. I also want to include wheel chair friendly swings and playground equipment.  Trampolines with hoists and other supports if these exist to allow everyone to experience them.  I also want exercise equipment, messy play areas, reading areas, sensory areas,quiet areas, games room including computer games etc etc but the more information I can gain the better I can make it for its users.  

I want every child and adult that comes in there to have the best experience possible.  

Thanks for taking the time 

Louise

Comments

Brightness