Pip time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip time

Options
Hannahcraig14
Hannahcraig14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I sent my form in for pop in begining of November 2018, husband spent 9 weeks in hospital so got out on Xmas Eve, I rang on 27th December to say he was home, how long do you think we will have to wait, IV sent a letter in from his social worker to say what his disability is, I did ring last week they said they don't think he needs an assessment, but they are waiting for letters from the doctor,

Comments

• Hannahcraig14
    Hannahcraig14 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I sent my form in for pop in begining of November 2018, husband spent 9 weeks in hospital so got out on Xmas Eve, I rang on 27th December to say he was home, how long do you think we will have to wait, IV sent a letter in from his social worker to say what his disability is, I did ring last week they said they don't think he needs an assessment, but they are waiting for letters from the doctor,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on back log in your area. Beginning of November really isn't that long to be waiting. Some are waiting several months. If he is successful then the time he was in hospital will affect the amount they will owe him. Anything longer than 28 days and your PIP stops, sp he won't receive any money for 5 weeks of being in hospital.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome it looks as if you're husband will have a psppa acessment and it just waiting for all the reports to come together for the decision maker to read and make the award . Once all the reports are at the decision makers office it usually takes 6to 8 weeks  for an award to be notified. You could, can ask if there as an acessment report if so can a copy be sent to yourself.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.