AM i owed money from ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

AM i owed money from ESA?

lena1234
lena1234 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I'm on ESA as I suffer sever anxiety and chronic depression I also have fybromiala in my joints I suffer palpitations b3couse of my anxiety I'm on beta blockers and anti depressants and cocodamol and amitriptyline for my pain I'm getting £102 per week and just wonderd if I might be dew some back money I went from job seekers allowance to esa in 2014 can any one give some advice please I never question what I get as I just assume it's right 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lena1234

Welcome to our online community/family ?

It’s great to meet you today!!!!!

The DWP are currently sending out ESA3 letters to anyone who effected.

If.you haven’t received one as yet then you could also give them a call.

If you need the phone number please let me know & I will get one for you!!!!!!!

Please please let me know if you get stuck !!

@steve51

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lena1234, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here. 

From what others have said, it sounds as though the DWP are in the process of contacting those affected by ESA underpayments directly. So if you're one of the people affected, they will get in touch with you. Hope this helps!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The underpayment is for those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA and not those that transferred from JSA.

The £102 per week that you're receiving is because you're in the WRAG for ESA and that amount is correct amount for WRAG for those that started their claim before April 2017.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Do you claim PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lena1234
    I tried for pip they refused me
  • poppy123456
    Then the money you're receiving for being in the WRAG is correct because the error doesn't include those that transferred from JSA.

Did you request the Mandatory Reconsideration then Tribunal for the PIP decision? If not is there any reasons why? when was the decision made on the PIP?
  • lena1234
    To be honest I don't understand it all I did appeal and heard nothing back so I assumed it was a no
  • poppy123456
    Appeal? Do you mean Mandatory Reconsideration or Tribunal? When did you request this?
  • lena1234
    They gave me so meany weeks to reply I did this was in 2014
  • poppy123456
    You can re-apply but you need to remember that PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

When filling out the form you need to put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Adding 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.

The evidence you send should state how your conditions affect you, future appointment letters aren't classed as evidence.
  • lena1234
    Thank you so much for your help 
  • liggy
    liggy Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Could anyone advise me on a ESA form I had come I filled it in am I due any money
  • liggy
  • liggy
    edited January 2019
    How do you use this site
  • poppy123456
    liggy said:
    Could anyone advise me on a ESA form I had come I filled it in am I due any money

Please try to keep to one thread because it gets rather confusing. Sundays are usually quiet here so an answer to questions may take longer.

• liggy
  • liggy
    Sorry if I upset you 
  • poppy123456
    No, you didn't upset me, it's fine. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @liggy

Good Morning ??

I’m one of a team of Community Champion’s here at “Scope”

Sorry but are you still having problems getting around???

Please please let me know if that is still the case????

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.