Hi, my name is AnneW! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is AnneW!

AnneW
AnneW Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hi everyone! Just saw this on Facebook and wanted to talk to others... I'm in a dark place :-(

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnneW welcome to the community, do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • AnneW
    I cant believe its been so long since I logged on here to talk.  My place is still dark but I am trying to find some light.  I have had fibromyalgia for over 20 yrs and arthritis in my spine and hips (the wear and tear kind but I don't know how to spell osteo) I have been unable to work for around 5 years as my illness has progressed and to date I have lost my self confidence alongside what friends I did have, my little dog stops me feeling lonely and the odd conversation or social interaction I do have leaves me exhausted so I tend to avoid those. I'm here to ask a question.  My house is so cluttered its become a hazard to negotiate around, its not dirty, but probably very dusty. I'm not quite at 'hoarder' stage but I need help to organise and realise that I will have to pay for this, after which, my house needs a deep clean, I am virtually housebound so having a clean and tidy house would do much to improve my mood.  Where do I start to look for a reputable service?  I am on benefits so can't pay much but have been saving what I can to pay for this.  Can anyone tell me where I can find such an angel?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnneW

Welcome to our online community/family.

I would be very very happy in helping you where I can if required 

Please please let me know if you are happy for me to step in????

@steve51
  • AnneW
    Hi, thank you for your response,  I seem to have found someone fairly local, shes coming to see me next week for a consultation. What did you have in mind?
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnneW

That’s great news!!!!!!

I was thinking about using this platform to keep in touch if that would help????

Just by regular contact that would help greatly!!!’

Please please let me know how you feel???

@steve51

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnneW welcome back to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AnneW
  • AnneW
    steve51 said:
    Hi @AnneW

That’s great news!!!!!!

I was thinking about using this platform to keep in touch if that would help????

Just by regular contact that would help greatly!!!’

Please please let me know how you feel???

@steve51

Sure!  I'm having a fairly painful but lucid day today, amazing since I didn't get a wink of sleep last night (decided to try a chiropractor for my back on Friday but my Fibro and back don't agree)  I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with repeated visits to the site but I am trying to get online more often if nothing else, it keeps my email account up to date!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AnneW, lovely to hear from you and another warm welcome to the community! I hope you're doing as well as possible.

Fingers crossed that your consultation with the potential cleaner goes well and you find the support you need. Do feel free to keep us updated, and if we can be of any assistance, do let us know. We have lots of friendly members here on the community who are always up for a chat!

Brightness