Waiting for PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP tribunal

anniesnooks
anniesnooks Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have chronic Osteo/Rhumatoid Arthritis. This has got worse over the last 4/5 months. I am under the hospital and have had shoulder surgery to try to help with the pain. I get Pip and mobility standard but definitely should be on the enhanced rate. I am one point below both. Am waiting for a tribunal hearing date, the reason i am going to tribunal is the lies the assessor  told on the report were disgusting and they ignored everything they were told by me and my carer. i cannot walk more than about 3 metres with having to stop for at least 10 mins. They said i can walk 50 metres with an aid. I wish. It went on lime that the whole report. When i phones them for a reconsideration the man said he had osteo arthritis but no where MBB ear ad bad as mine and he got a fab car and doesn't have to worry about paying for anything. This is why i am going to tribunal. Sick of the way the DWP treat us.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @anniesnooks

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

Yes I don’t blame you one bit as I would do the same.

Mind you I will have to at some point in the very near future.

We have got many members in similar situations.

Some are already at the finish point & others on there way.

I am one of a number of “Community Champion’s “ here at Scope.

Please feel free to ask me for anything that I can help/support you with ????

@steve51

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @anniesnooks   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We advise and help new members who join.

You come to the right place for support, information.

Please ask if we can help.  With anything some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • anniesnooks
  • anniesnooks
    I have received today my. tribunal date. It is feb 27th. Now i will wait and see if the DWP decide to up my award rather than it cost them to go  to tribunal. Which ever way i am going to fight this. 1 point under enhancement rate on both. Apparently they are told to keep them low. Disgusting.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you all the luck with your tribunal @anniesnooks :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • anniesnooks
  • Bungalow
    Bungalow Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    Hi Anniesnooks 
    I am in a similar position, I received my report , I wish everyone with a disability to go to an assessment for PIP it is amazing, I am now fully recovered have hardly any limitations and I fabricate my limits.It's wonderful (not) I can even walk now with out going dizzy with Vertigo and no pain with Arthritis in lower spine, hips, shoulder. I am not in the pain as I describe I take my medication on a needs basis and not on Morphine, hello I work part time high meds will really impact on me working, can't win. 
     They base this just watching you walk to the assessment room? the fact I had a reasonable good day on the day of the assessment doesn't matter. Really helps to make you feel good about yourself when everyday is a battle. Same as you I will not be told I fabricate things when a consultants report is sitting on her desk? but then what do the consultants know they are not skilled to look at your condition only an assessor in all their wisdom.
    They say they do not go on the day at the assessment oh yes they do, and score you on that. Deplorable system . 
  • anniesnooks
    Hi Bungalow, I am so determined to get what i am entitled to that i won't give up. My career who is also my friend and neighbour is coming to my tribunal with me. She sees me every single day. I cannot even cut my food up as i can't hold z knife and fork due to the excruciating pain in my hands and fingers. I have crumbling discs in the top of my spine caused by the isteo arthritis so cannot walk with out a stick. The maximum i can walk now is 3 to 4 metres without a rest then i have to stop a sit down for at least 10 mins to recover. This has deteriorated since i had my f2f but it was still bad then. The assessor write i can walk 20 to 50 metres unaided, i wish. I am sick of the lies and the way they actually ignore what is blatantly obvious. as i said before they gave me 1 point on both under the enhancement score. They will not get away with this, girl me and everyone else who they completely ignore.
  • Bungalow
    Bungalow Community member Posts: 43 Courageous
    It is a pattern throughout there is rot in the system , but it is achieving what the government has set out to do . Atos etc are on bonuses to give a lower score so the majority of applications are on the lower rate , cost cutting. That is why their contract has been renewed for another two years even though they are failing? stay strong, it looks like most peeps are having to fight and fight. Ironically it is costing more than the old system due to appeals etc, and paying these private firms. The sad thing it is making conditions worse and undue suffering . I think this government wants to rewind to Victorian times we are just a drain on the system. Enough of my ranting :smile: Do what you need to do and remember what is in these reports are a systematic move to make you feel like this and not bother, unfortunately it works, get plenty of support while you go through this to keep you mentally well .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @anniesnooks, it's great to have you here. I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences, and wishing you all the best with your tribunal. Please do keep us updated and let us know if we can be of any assistance.
  • anniesnooks
    Thank you Pippa Scope. i will keep you updated, i just hope they take all my problems in and not just what they want to. 
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Hi all 
    Just wanted to share my experience of my PIP case , I was awarded PiP from 2015 to Dec 2018  I scored 14 points on Daily living and 4 points on Mobility ,
    Then in December 2017 I received a form to fill in to see if anything had changed, the only thing that had changed was a medication increase so I wrote that on the form and ticked no change for all the other questions , sent it back , late January 2018 i received a letter from Capita  saying I have to attend an assessment.
    I attended the assessment in Feb .
    5 days later I got the result and was told I did not qualify for PIP as I had not scored enough points I scored 0 in every section. So i wrote and asked for a review , they did that and said No the decision stands .
    So i went for the appeal ,As I am an out patient I asked the hospital services for help with the appeal , They took over my appeal case and the process started ,in April 2018  I was then told that in Derbyshire area the appeal court waiting list is so long that my case will not be heard until May 2019 .
    My CPN and doctors wrote to the Courts asking for it to be brought forward ,this worked and I got my date for 14th Jan 2019 .
    I went to the appeal with the hospital services guy and after 45 mins of questions 
    I won and was awarded 18 points on Daily living and 8 Points on Mobility. 
    It was a nightmare 11 months.
    So please please always appeal dont give up , gather every bit of evidence you can and go for it ,
    PS 
    I complained to capita ,that was a waste of time , I wrote to my MP that was a waste of time. your not alone doing this there is people out there that will help you           
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, i'm glad you got the right decision in the end. It's always worth knowing that just writing "no change" on the review forms is never the best idea. Always make sure you put down as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you, even if it's a review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.