Putting together a case against the DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Putting together a case against the DWP

angelal
angelal Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone hi everyone. I have read a few of your messages and I am waiting 4 months for a dispute to investigated due to an ex employer sending incorrect information to hmrc and resulting in myself not being awarded universal credit. Ths has made me extremely ill. With depression stress , anxiety and due to me not eating  I have been diagnosed with several medical with lupus being the main cause, I an studying law so why I have researched  you cannot sue for manslaughter, but however we can sue the dwp for personal injury and human rights. I am currently putting together a case and I will not stop until dwp get it right

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angelal

Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

“Wow” Yes I would be more than happy ? in helping you with your dispute with the “DWP”

Please please let me know how you feel as you have/will have your hands ??full.

@steve51

• angelal
    Hi steve. 
    Thank you for your response. Ok where do i start. I went on to uc in june 2018. And i receoved my first payment in july. Then in august i did not receive a penny from uc as they said beteen 25 june to 24 july i made 1600 pounds. I raised an iri at the start of august and i have not had any response i have tried to get answers but without success. Sortly after raising this dispute i have occued debt and my depression has became alot worse i have to attend a councillor. Also i have been diagnosed with b12 deficiency and thyroid disease.this is due to the fact that i cant eat properly due to uc not doing there job properly. Even tho i have been advised not to work by my doctor i have no choice only to work and this is part time. Then in november another previous employer did not pay me wages in october there response when i called them was we forgot to pay you. They did give me my wages but in december they only sent one payslip to hmrc statimg i earned 1200.once again due to this discrepancy i did not receive any benfit even tho i provided evidence to show that the employer was at fault. But they dont care they have left me destitute. I beleive i have a case on both companys. One to the dwp for not dealing with with my case promply and with my ex employer who have left me desitiute
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @angelal

Many thanks ??

Please please don’t worry ????

We have got some info & advice to hand ?? if that would help??

If need be we have got a number off “Benefit Advisors” who would be very very useful??

I will also help you with these if you need????

Please please don’t Worry !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@steve51

• angelal
    Thanks steve. I just feel im being ignored and when i ask for answers. They just keep saying the same thing it is with the decision maker. And noone is answering my questions.
    Its driving me nuts!
    So i would appreciate 
    Any advice. On how i can move forward on bringing a court claim to the dwp for depriving me from my basic human rights
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

UC is worked out on monthly income, where as tax credits was annual income. When claiming UC any earnings you receive during your assessment period will determine how much UC you receive for that month. Depending on when you're paid and when your assessment period is for UC sometimes during the year you'll be paid twice during this period, if this happens then your UC will again be reduced to zero for that month. The following month during the assessment period you won't receive any wages, so your UC for that month will be more than usual.

UC receive information from RTI (real time information) so they know exactly what you received and when. As your employer failed to pay you on time then this will have affected any UC you would have received for the month when you did finally receive it.

I'm not even sure why you think DWP are at fault here, when it's clearly your employer because they failed to pay you on the date they should have and by doing this it's reduced your UC payment for that month to zero. Providing evidence that your employer was at fault isn't going to help your UC for that month.

I know UC is a disaster but it's clearly your employer who's at fault and it's them you need to speak to not UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angelal
    Hi thank you, yes I do have an understanding of how uc works this out but I should have had £244 of uc on the 1/01/2019, but because my ex employer factored Octobers wage and November wage in to one wage slip and not 2 this is where uc thinks I earned more than what I actually did they said I was not awarded any uc from 25 November to 24 December, my ex employer is a fault and i have instructed a solicitor to start court proceeding on my ex employer,
  • angelal
    Hi poppy, I don't think I explained my self properly in my last reply, I'll explain my situation in brief.

i have always worked through out my adult life and never claimed from the government. In March 2016 I was made homeless no fault of my own, as I was in full time employment I tried to rent another property but as I have and iva no one. Would rent to me, so I lived in a caravan in a field and went every day to the motorway services to get a shower I was living in a damp mouldy caravan for neatly 2 years when unfortunately I was signed of with depression as I tried to kill my self in May 2018 I was sacked due to my illness, so I went to the government for help and I was advised to sign on to up, my last working day was 31 May 2018, but my ex employer told hmrc I left on the 31 June 2018 and that they paid me  £1600 on the 31/06/2018. I have showed uc evidence of my bank statement that I received no money from my ex employer and I put in a dispute 4 months later I have had very little feed back and all us can tell me is that it is with the dm, my understanding that if a company does not comply with the rules then they get fined, but what I want to know is why am I getting sanctioned. I believe that this has not been taken seriously and between uc and my ex employer  I feel i have been left destitute, I feel uc has not helped enough. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I still think it's your employer at fault here and not UC because of the wages you received from your employer.

Why is your employer saying they paid you £1600 in June if you didn't receive it? Did you receive it earlier than they're saying you did? This information would have come from RTI. You would have also paid tax and NI on that amount, which is where the RTI would have come from, so i don't understand why you didn't receive the pay.

You January UC was reduced to zero because of the 2 wages you received. The next month you'll receive more UC providing you don't receive anymore wages from your employer.

Are you still working, looking for work or have you handed in sick notes for UC?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • angelal
    Hi poppy. Im working for a different employer i received my first pay of £254 on the 10 jan . i can only work part time. Due to my thyroid autoimmune disease i have applyed for pip 

Brightness