Regarding Tribunal diagnosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Regarding Tribunal diagnosis

ebeneee
ebeneee Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
Hi Everyone,
Im not quite sure about this so please can i have some advise on this, when i completed the pip review form, i noted this the consultants was investigating at the time for 8 months Rosea, i had bloods taken  and biopsys done,  i said that i was tired and kept on falling asleep, and i was in pain at the time of face to face assessment, this was still under investigation i was also attending a pain management, after failed MR couple months later i was diagnosed with Lupus, a refferral was made so that i see a rheumatologist Consultant,after examination looking at test results and bloods taken  ive been diagnosed with  have complex regional pain syndrome and chronic pain syndrome, also mild effusion of left knee i mentioned in review that i had osteoarthritis in both knees as well as my ankle i have appointment to see arthoscopy next month as this was on going at pip review 2 and face to face consultation would the dwp class this as a new diagnosis or on going, no date for a tribunal as yet, bundle i recieved in November last year,i would appreciate any help given Thank you

Comments

• ebeneee
    Hi Everyone,
    I forgot to say that im in a lot of pain and i struggle to walk  i take  quite a few tablets to try and relieve the pain,  it has got worse since i had steroid injection in left knee left knee. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. The Tribunal will only take into consideration how you were at the time of the decision. It's nothing to do with DWP now because you're at Tribunal stage.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ebeneee
    Thank you @poppy123456 for response ,at the time of face to face assessment i was in pain, i also wrote this in Pip review form how i was feeling in may 2018, they was investigating(pain management team consultants and GP) now theres been a diagnosis from October to December 2018 will this still count on the reasons why i was feeling the way how i was and how it affected me doing daily things @Poppy123456 Thank you
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Possibly but telling them you're in pain won't get you a PIP award and the letter of diagnosis won't either. You need to tell them how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Have a look at the descriptors to see which apply to you and then give 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity.

I'd advise you to get some face to face advice from your local advice agency.
    Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ebeneee
    Thank you Poppy123456 i appreciate advice given

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.