Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

bi786
bi786 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
Hello can you please help an tell me where can I send any new evidance in to DWP to sippport my pip application I have attended the assasement an recieved the report an I would like DWP see the evidance

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    The long and short of it is that you have had your acessment on the evidence provided at the time of the acessment. Any additional evidence or diagnosis will not be looked as you where assessed on your conditions and how they impacted on your day to day life in relation to the PIP descriptiors.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree that based generally on what happens, the DWP will agree with everything that the assessor says. So in effect it doesn't really matter what evidence you send before, during or after the assessment - the assessor will give their opinion based on the results of that assessment. 
    It's not how it should happen, but it does.
  • InsanityProfound
    InsanityProfound Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Yadnad said:
    I agree that based generally on what happens, the DWP will agree with everything that the assessor says. So in effect it doesn't really matter what evidence you send before, during or after the assessment - the assessor will give their opinion based on the results of that assessment. 
    It's not how it should happen, but it does.
    Hi there and sorry for jumping on this post. But this is what i was going to ask about as i had my Assessment report back and it said the only evidence used was the form. No mention of the letter from my doctor and others and i gave her a copy of my Letter from DVLA revoking my driving licence what never made it to DWP. I have spoke to the helpline and they keep telling me not to worry. But when i read they go with the medical report why did i bother,,,,, No mention of anything we spoke about and now i am waiting since dec 6th for a answer. Due to my issues i have missed out on seeing my dad before he passed away and lots of other things, I am so unhappy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.