Struggling to cope at home on my own — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling to cope at home on my own

kward4666
kward4666 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Im disabled in need of help as struggling to cope at home on my own

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kward4666 welcome to the community! 

Could you tell us what sort of help you need?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • kward4666
    Im trying to find a gardener because i cant cope with my massive garden i may have found someone off facebook ill know if he will help on monday. I have a dog so cleaning up is a problem housework is slow progress i do what i have too too survive im scared to go out on my own so in two years ive been out 7 times. In taxis because i cant walk more than a minute i get back pain and out of breath my weight and health are very bad and im stuck in a depression hole that i dont know if im strong enough to get out of i have no friends and no support so my so called life is very sad. And thankyou for the welcome 
  • Ami2301
    I think seeing your GP would be a good starting point, I understand this will cause you pain however you need to seek support if you are suffering with depression. Has gour local area got an online version of their newspaper? This would be good to check for cleaning services, gardening, etc.
  • kward4666
    Thankyou ill make an appointment tommorow 
  • Ami2301
    Let us know how you get on and if you need any further support :)
  • kward4666
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kward4666and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling. You've had some brilliant advice from @Ami2301 about arranging to see your GP. Do let us know how you get on. You may also like to consider arranging a needs assessment too, to see if there's any additional support you're entitled to.

In the meantime, we're a friendly bunch, so do feel free to get involved and join in with our community discussions!
  • kward4666
    Thankyou i will 
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Hi Kward4666,
    I have epilepsy, live on my own & I get a support worker after contacting my local council. I have had it for a few years now & the support worker helps me with certain jobs I cannot cope with by myself. Due to not being able to drive, he helps me with shopping. I could be in danger if I was to have an iron in my hands, so he also helps with that too. It might only be 2 days a week, but it helps. As for your taxis, have you tried Uber? Cheaper taxis possible & also Community Transport could be an option.
  • kward4666
    Hi i think uber is london taxis im in hampshire. Ive been given a community transport number and a number for voluntary drivers in farnham. Thankyou for your help  
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Oh No! If you look up Uber on google you can find out that you can book local taxis too. I use it & I live in Bristol.
    You state where you go from & to & then you will get a list of how much the journey will cost & it is potentially less than many other taxi firms.
    Community Transport is cheaper, but if you are travelling at awkward times it can be more easier to get on Uber.

Brightness