PIP Tribunal where do I begin — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal where do I begin

Options
crosseh
crosseh Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My wife received her Mandatory Reconsideration on Friday and we want to appeal but I've looked ar plenty of sites and my head is spinning.
It says on her letter to apply in Writing but some websites mention some SSC Form but the letter doesn't.
Her report is full of inconsistencies and mistakes even the mandatory reconsideration does not tally up with the assessors report.
On DLA she had both daily care and mobility , now it's zero on PIP
Do I just highlight what's wrong on the report , and what she should have beenvalliwed on the descriptiors.
Apparently there's nothing wrong with her yet she was allowed a home assessment on medical grounds.

Comments

• Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    I filled in ssc form and wrote a letter at the same time, I didn’t want one or the other, I made sure they got both.  My face-to-face assessment was at home at their request they never bothered giving me an assessment date anywhere else I took that as a good sign but the face-to-face assessment was full of inconsistencies she said I could put both hands above my head both hands behind my back and stand on tiptoe she said I appeared calm and answered questions thoroughly. I went through it bit by bit from the first one to the last one explaining how each one affected me so good luck and I hope your wife gets what she is entitled to there are a few bad people out there who spoil it for the good ones take care
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @crosseh
    We have some videos about appealing a DWP decision that might help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67tDSlsityY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIHjSpNNbQo

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.