Changing a short notice ESA appointment, please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changing a short notice ESA appointment, please help

Oaktree2019
Oaktree2019 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I am really struggling with the situation the Jobcentre has put me in.  I have been on esa support group for 3 years after winning an appeal to overturn dwp's decision.  I am in the middle of psychiatric treatment for bipolar, PTSD and borderline personality disorder also lots of physical problems.  I am in bits they have only given me working 3 days notice to attend the appointment,the letter was dated 16th Jan. Can i do anything that will help either rearrange or delay the appointment untill i see mental health team and Drs which i have appts for 30th jan and 1st Feb?? please help im so consumed, distraught and overwhelmed by this situation and with this letter as i am being forced to attend. 
From what i have read i will be unable to change the appointment whatever evidence, i have from drs and mental health team, i am really struggling. 
please can you help

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Oaktree2019 welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear this, I am unsure how to advise however some of our community members may know and will be in contact soon to advise.

Let us know if we can help you further :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Oaktree2019
    Thank you Ami2301
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Oaktree2019

Good Afternoon  & Welcome it’s great to meet you today ?

Please please don’t worry ?

You can contact them  in the morning, have you got there phone no: ????

If you still have any problems please please come back to me!!!!!!

I will try my best to help you further!!!!!!

Please please don’t worry I am here to help/advice you!!!!!

Please let me know how you feel?????

@steve51

• Oaktree2019
    Hello steve51 my daughter will ring them tommorow she does most thing on my behalf as i tend to get muddled and confused.  The letter says get in touch but its just the main esa number.  Im a bit calmer now but im still very tearfull. Ive woken up the last 2 morning crying, i feel exausted. Thank you for your reply steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

What is the appointment for? Is it a re-assessment for your ESA, a work capability assessment because you filled out the ESA50 form again?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im sorry to hear this has upset you @Oaktree2019 and I hope your daughter can sort this for you, let us know if we can help with anything else :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Oaktree2019
    Thank you all for your replies.  My daughter rang esa/jobcentre telling them about all my difficulties, im so relived now they will call me in 6 months and im now being treated as a vunreble adult. I was unconsolable over the weekend but this site really helped when i thought i was in a corner with no way out 
    thank you again x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you got it sorted but I don't understand why you received this appointment because you're in the Support Group. Those that are placed into this group do not have to attend Job centre appointments. Are you sure you're in the Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Oaktree2019
    It was a mistake on their part, its sorted now thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.