Waiting for PIP outcome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting for PIP outcome

Options
jojo50
jojo50 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Thank you for allowing me to join the group. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia Degenerative Disc Disease widespread Osteoarthritis and Menieres Disease. I have recently been assessed for pip as yet haven't had a decision, I must admit it's keeping me awake at night and my anxiety levels are through the roof. I was just wondering if anyone else in the group has had any trouble with a pip decision and what can be done if it's a negative result?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jojo50 welcome to the community! 

Awaiting a benefits decision can cause anxiety, this is completely normal. If your claim was to be unsuccessful then please do not worry as there are ways to deal with this, should the decision come to it.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jojo50, and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here.

As Ami says, it can feel difficult to wait for your decision to arrive. However, many of our members have been through this process themselves and will be able to empathise. If you're not happy with the outcome you can appeal the decision. Again, this is something our members have experience of and will be able to advise you with. Please do keep us updated, and wishing you all the best!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, if you live in the UK. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

Waiting is always the worst part but hopefully it won't be too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.