My son — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son

norris51
norris51 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello i got my son's pip paperwork today 
On the pionts system he got enhanced rete for mobility but got 6 for daily living needs 
Ive looked at the pionts  he got and the things i have to do for him have not been taken in to consideration 
Over all he got 6 pionts 
The system is a joke 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @norris51 and I am sorry to hear you arent happy with the PIP decision.

You can appeal the DWPs decision, you have to start with a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Apply for mandatory reconsideration

The best way to apply for a reconsideration is to use the CRMR1 mandatory reconsideration request form on GOV.UK, or write a letter to the DWP explaining why you disagree with the decision.

You can call the DWP to ask for a reconsideration, but it’s better to have everything in writing. If you decide to call, make sure you follow up with a letter. The contact details will be on the decision letter from DWP.

Check the date on your decision letter. You need to ask for a mandatory reconsideration within 1 month of that date. If you use the form or send a letter, the DWP will need to receive it within 1 month.

We also have a video about it here, let us know if we can help any further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • norris51
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello
    I recommend asking for a mandatory reconsideration. Read your letter carefully to see what the reasons were and also make certain that you know the date. You only have a month to respond to them. If you call them please request confirmation in writing too. Personally I think that it’s better to type a letter stating all of the reasons why you need DLA. 
    You’ll find contact information on the letter. Good luck. 
  • norris51
    Ive had a read of the paperwork i got from pip 
    And looking at the pionts he got 0 for washing and bathing .i help him with all that 
    And 0 for toilet needs again i help with that 
    And dressing 
    If i didn't organize his daily clothes out he would where the same for the day and night 

Brightness