Transition onto UC - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transition onto UC

2»

Comments

• kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Yeah on my entitlement letter it says amount we give you because you are disabled (on pip) then it says the amount after =49.50 so weekly it's currently 119.80 roughly 
  • kami24
    Jsa that is 73 standard allowance plus the 49
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    kami24 said:
    Jsa that is 73 standard allowance plus the 49
    That's the couples disability premium rate, £47.80 per week. it's not the severe disability premium. You need to live alone or be classed as living alone to claim the SDP.

If you don't claim SDP then a change of circumstances means a claim for Universal credit for you.

See link regarding the disability premiums.

I agree with the advice about speaking to your local CAB for a benefits check because transferring to UC you could potentially be worse off.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    It can't be couples because I live alone 
  • kami24
  • kami24
    How much is sdp then and who is in on sdp?? 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    kami24 said:
    It can't be couples because I live alone 
    The SDP is £64.30 per week  and are you sure that it's £119.80 per week JSA you receive? There's 2 disability premiums available on JSA and that amount you say you receive isn't correct. Have you been sanctioned at all recently?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    As it's a single JSA claim and you live alone, claiming daily living PIP then this is what you should be receiving from JSA every 2 weeks.

JSA £73.10 per week
    Single person disability premium £33.55 per week
    SDP (severe disability premium) £64.30 per week. (You can only claim the SDP if no one claims carers allowance for looking after you)

Weekly amount. £170.95

Total amount every 2 weeks. £341.90

If this isn't the amount you're receiving then there's either something they're not paying you or you currently have a sanction and they're stopping money from your benefits or they're taking money from your benefits for a loan or something else.
  • kami24
    I'm not sure I will have to find out maybe it was from a student loan but don't think so 
  • kami24
    I thought only people on enhanced rate pip got the amount you put above?? 
  • poppy123456
    kami24 said:
    I thought only people on enhanced rate pip got the amount you put above?? 
    No, the figures i put above are correct, you don't need Enhanced PIP for those. However, a student loan is classed as income for Income related JSA.
  • kami24
    Okay update on my jsa claim, i think it is sdp but they award me less as my partners visa ran out so he has to reapply to stay in the UK but we aren't married amd no children etc so he may have to wait a few more months until he gets leave to remain  He has no recourse to public funds so they reduce it according to this o guess as when they reinstated my jsa it was 341 award on my letter or 168.50 a week but they have since changed it back to 240 every 2 weeks and the reason they gave is due to his leave to remain. However  i dont feel its possible for me to work as i have tried and its all just too much for me therefore maybe i should be claiming another benefit instead if this is at all possible???? 
  • poppy123456
    As you live with your partner then you won't qualify for the SDP which is why your JSA has been reduced. To qualify for the SDP then you need to live alone or be classed as living alone. Even though your partner has no access to public funds this still doesn't mean you qualify for the SDP because you're still living with your partner. The amount you receive doesn't make sense to me.

As previously advised you need to get further expert advice and speak to an advice agency near you. This way you'll be able to tell them all of your personal details and they be able to give you the correct advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.