court date and pip evidence- do I send before I go? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum

court date and pip evidence- do I send before I go?

2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Connected
    At the risk of going all Disney on you perhaps take the approach that if you can’t say something positive don’t say anything at all. There’s a time and place for people to hear negative stuff - goodness knows forums are full of it - but Peru’s is not when people need encouraging that, in most cases, a challenge will be worth it and will succeed with minimal risk to anything they already have. Wrong message at the wrong moment.
    Hope for the best but prepare for the worst is how I see it.
  • Disabilityjustice
    Disabilityjustice Member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi, just to update everyone that’s given me advice for my pip tribunal over the year that I had it today and I won! So relieved more than anything, thanks again everyone so much scoring 0 at the assessment to getting higher daily living and standard mobility is absolutely amazing.

what happens now as the systems were down ie backdating and do I have to contact dwp? they couldn’t tell me anything other than I won 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats!  Must be such a relief. You should start receiving regular payments and arrears lump sum in 5-8 weeks.
  • victoria105
    victoria105 Member Posts: 22 Listener
    It will all go to Dwp , you don’t need to contact them the tribunal will , well done on your victory 
  • vollante
    vollante Member Posts: 29 Connected
    Perseverance paid off, well done. My daughter waited for 2 weeks after the decision and then contacted DWP for an update from their end. They informed her that they had received the decision and was putting it into practice. They gave her some dates of when she could expect her payment day for her PIP award and when she could expect her back payment. They were very helpful after the tribunal, but not so before.
  • DavidJohn1984
    DavidJohn1984 Member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi all, just a quick question. Where do we send evidence to for our tribunerals? Thanks for any advice.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,386 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all, just a quick question. Where do we send evidence to for our tribunerals? Thanks for any advice.
    To HMCTS and not DWP. The address is different for everyone, depending on where you live.
  • DavidJohn1984
    @poppy123456 thank you, I will have to google this because I have no idea. I think in Birmingham we have a lot of courts.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 28,386 Disability Gamechanger
    If you're not sure then the best thing to do is ring and ask where you send it to. You'll need to reference number for this.
  • DavidJohn1984
    Thank you @poppy123456 i’ll Do this tomorrow.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.