Moving from uk to wales ?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving from uk to wales ??

Options
maggieomx
maggieomx Community member Posts: 131 Courageous
Hiya all im on pip and esa and have a mobility car i own my own home id like to sell up and move to wales my homes too big and i need a place with no stairs as iv got osteo arthritis  i dont know what to do to inform benefits agency or council tax people or anyone ?? Im 61.will my move affect my benefits ??? Pip and esa ??. Iv got pip to 2027
Im new to this site and im hopeless pleade help thankyou
 maggieomx

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @maggieomx
    As some areas are now full Universal Credit areas the only way to find out how your benefits will be affected by the move is to contact the DWP as a change of address will trigger a change of circumstances review.
      Debsidoo.x
  • maggieomx
    Options
    Oh no ! I feel sick to go through the pip and universal credit malarky again iv got pip to 2027 is.rhyl a universal credit place yet ??
  • maggieomx
    Options
    Has universal credit bee rolled out in rhyl north wales ??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

PIP isn't means tested so this won't be affected. All areas are now a full UC area but because you don't claim housing benefit then moving house doesn't affect you. It will just be a change of address. However, if you're claiming Income related ESA then any capital you have from selling your home could affect any ESA you claim.

You need to get face to face advice from your local CAB because it's far to complex for an internet forum to give you the correct advice. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maggieomx
    Options
    The bungalow im looking at needs a lot doing to it to make it safe and livable for me can i use the xcess money i recieve from sale of my home ?? How much can i have in my account before it affects my benefits ??
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're claiming Income related ESA anything £16,000 and over your ESA will stop. As i advised you need to get some face to face advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.