Work/Universal Credit/Limited capability for work UC50 Form — Scope | Disability forum

Work/Universal Credit/Limited capability for work UC50 Form

clfox Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I currently get universal credit with the limited capability work element of £126 extra per month.

I also currently work part time 22 hrs per week but have been off sick 4 weeks with my depression and anxiety and getting SSP from work.

Today I have received a Limited capability for work form to fill in again UC50 form I’m struggling to fill this in my heads a mess last time my friend who’s a teacher helped but she’s moved away now.

Also I don’t know if I’m fit enough to go back to work I was going to get another sick note for 6 weeks but if I don’t go back and fail my assessment, should I put on the UC50 form that I’m currently off work again due to depression it’s a awrward situation I’m in as last time I wasn’t working when I filled in the form but now I am but am not well mentally 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,460 Disability Gamechanger

    You should fill the form out with as much information about how your condition affects you as possible. Yes, also include that you're on the sick from work at the moment and put your reasons why.

    You'll need to send evidence with the form and make sure it's sent to back to arrive no later than the date stated in the letter. Failure to do this and you'll be found fit for work for failing to return your form and the extra money of £126 per month will stop. They are very strict with returning the work capability assessment form and there's no extension of time given. Good luck.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.