Tribunal appeal for pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal appeal for pip

Kara53
Kara53 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
I had and won my appeal yesterday  :) I would urge anyone who has been refused pip and get to this stage, Its not the most pleasant experience or the worst but if you win its worth it, even if you feel as though you couldnt go through it  do it. I got to that stage myself and now that I won i am glad i went through it.So please dont be scared just do it  :) 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Kara53

Congratulations on winning your appeal, you must feel relieved. 

Thank you for encouraging words, I am sure our members will appreciate it. :)
  • Kara53
    Thank you :)  Was definitely worth it 
  • Kara53
    Thank you Antonia Oh its more than a relief, it feels as though the world has been lifted off of my shoulders :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Kara53
    Thank you Poppy :)
  • Springchicken65
    Springchicken65 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I had tribunal yesterday and failed.  After waiting for over a year, the panel didnt ask if I had anything to say.  Touched on things that hadnt occurred to me before.  Why was I still driving after having a stroke - I havent had a stroke. I was asked about my typical day over a year ago! Completely skewed.  Im not sure how ill one has to be to be recognised as being worthy of even the basic amount...
  • poppy123456
    I had tribunal yesterday and failed.  After waiting for over a year, the panel didnt ask if I had anything to say.  Touched on things that hadnt occurred to me before.  Why was I still driving after having a stroke - I havent had a stroke. I was asked about my typical day over a year ago! Completely skewed.  Im not sure how ill one has to be to be recognised as being worthy of even the basic amount...
    A Tribunal can only take into consideration how you were at the time of the decision. You need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this. From there you need to find someone who can take a look at these to see if there's an error in law made in making the decision. If there isn't then you won't be able to take it further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    Well done Kara 
  • Kara53
  • shazzer5
    shazzer5 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    well done kara.
    we had our pip tribunal on 9th this month and won
    it does feel good an weight of yr shoulders
    only for us it was short lived as dwp are appealing tribunal an want a statement of reason.all that stress for over year then stress of tribunal..
  • poppy123456
    shazzer5 said:
    well done kara.
    we had our pip tribunal on 9th this month and won
    it does feel good an weight of yr shoulders
    only for us it was short lived as dwp are appealing tribunal an want a statement of reason.all that stress for over year then stress of tribunal..
    Requesting the statement of reasons doesn't mean they're appealing the decision. It just means they've requested the SOR. They can't appeal without finding the error in law.
  • Kara53
    shazzer5  thank you. Can i ask did the dwp representative tell you there and then that they will appeal??
  • shazzer5
    kara they just said they are asking for statement of reason as dont agree with tribunal decision

• Kara53
    shazzer5  I hope things work out for you. Whatever happens dont give up  I wish you all the luck in the world  :)
  • shazzer5
    ty kara we r not giving up..gone this far so little longer wont matter
    keep u posted
  • Kara53
    Never give up  even though i won my appeal the DWP can appeal and if they do i will also appeal. It has taking me a year to get this far. Please do give me an update :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.