PIP Tribunal where do I begin — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal where do I begin

Options
crosseh
crosseh Community member Posts: 6 Listener
My wife received her Mandatory Reconsideration on Friday and we want to appeal but I've looked ar plenty of sites and my head is spinning.
It says on her letter to apply in Writing but some websites mention some SSC Form but the letter doesn't.
Her report is full of inconsistencies and mistakes even the mandatory reconsideration does not tally up with the assessors report.
On DLA she had both daily care and mobility , now it's zero on PIP
Do I just highlight what's wrong on the report , and what she should have been allowed on the descriptiors.
Apparently there's nothing wrong with her yet she was allowed a home assessment on medical grounds.

Comments

• pixie61
    pixie61 Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
    Options
    I’m going through an MR for the sane reason. My long term DLA award was downgraded for pip. I’m waiting for the outcome. I did however get my local MP involved! Your local CAB can help you, also I belong to a group called 4up, very good for benefit advice. They are so helpful. You don’t have to fight this on your own. Good luck xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

The form you need to fill in is the SSCS1 form here.

You have 1 month from the date of the decision from the MR to request this and you must send the MR decision letter with the form otherwise the Tribunal will refuse your request.

I'd advise you get some face to face advice and contact a local advice centre near you. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • crosseh
    Options
    Don't have access to a printer 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You can request the Tribunal online now here. Just click the link that says "appeal to the Tribunal"

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • crosseh
    Options
    So the link that poppy posted for the Tribunal is that for inputting your information as well what you disagree with and what you think you should have received , should I get all that ready before I submit the appeal 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You need to concentrate on requesting the appeal first. Anything you need to send can be sent at a later date. Waiting times for hearings are huge across most of the country and some are waiting as long as 1 year for a date.

DWP will send everything you've already sent to HMCTS and you'll receive the "bundle" in this will be the PIP1 and 2 forms, assessment report and any evidence you've already sent. Any extra extra evidence can be sent later, including the submission.

If you're still not sure what to do then you'll need to get some face to face advice from a local advice centre near to you.
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    Crosseh, Feel free to carry on fighting for your rights to get your PIP. I used to be on DLA, but when I was being put forward for my PIP I had to go for a Mandatory Reconsideration. When I went to the tribunal I heard different. If you keep on losing just carry on fighting for it & they'll soon get fed up of you.
  • crosseh
    Options
    They don't make it easy as my letter says send the appeal in writing nothing about that form either online or the SsC form.
    I know you all have been through it and are helping I just want to get it all right , don't want to fill in that form online then find out I can't send anything , or can I pre write what I need to and copy and paste into that small box
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You really should get some help with this. Try this link to see what's available for support in your area.
     It used to be a postal form only but that's been changed and you can now do it all online. Most things you can do online these days.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    telscope said:
    Crosseh, Feel free to carry on fighting for your rights to get your PIP. I used to be on DLA, but when I was being put forward for my PIP I had to go for a Mandatory Reconsideration. When I went to the tribunal I heard different. If you keep on losing just carry on fighting for it & they'll soon get fed up of you.
    I agree entirely but not everyone has the skill, energy and will power to continually fight the DWP. Those that are ill as well as disabled are generally the least likely to put up a fight.
    It's great that you are fit enough both mentally and physically to take on the DWP.
  • crosseh
    Options
    So I phone up CAB and told them the above information if I sent the appeal online there's no option to attach the MR letter which they want
    It seems the DWP are doing everything to try and put you off
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I just tried the online request myself and it asks you for information from the MR decision letter. I didn't complete it so don't know if it asks for the MR letter or not.  I do know that people have requested a Tribunal this way and it's the same as a paper SSC1 request. It's definitely not DWP trying to put you off.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    crosseh said:
    So I phone up CAB and told them the above information if I sent the appeal online there's no option to attach the MR letter which they want
    It seems the DWP are doing everything to try and put you off
    Are the DWP really trying to put you off? If you haven't got a printer could you not get your neighbour to do it? Or someone at work? Or your local library?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your local CAB or any other advice centre will give you the SSCS1 form.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.