Pip Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
happy123
happy123 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, 
If someone is going through mandatory reconsideration for PIP does any benefit awarded for PIP  continue or do payments stop until the reconsideration is completed? 

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    As far as i am aware they stop and if you are successful at the MR they will back date it 
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    Pip continues if you have a payment in place already.

• telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    Just one thing to remember, if you don't have success with your Mandatory Reconsideration, hoping it won't go this far, a tribunal is the way forward & if you are successful there backpay will pay off.
  • jacko1
    jacko1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    It continues untill they have hopefully uppd your award 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    jacko1 said:
    It stops 

This is incorrect. If there's a PIP award in place then this will continue while requesting the MR. If the decision remains the same, it will continue while you wait for the Tribunal hearing and a decision is made.

If the decision changes at MR stage and there's no award then payments will stop.

If there's no PIP award to start with then there's no payments to receive while waiting for the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.