Pip review recording issue — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review recording issue

pamela1962
pamela1962 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I recently had a PIP reassessment  . I wanted to record it after my last experience. However, when I got there they medical professional said there wasn't enough plug sockets. 
I had the results and I lost my mobility allowance and although I got standard daily allowance the report said I could manage with gadgets which just isn't true. It was like reading a report for someone else. 
I suffer from anxiety and really feel I can't cope with it all. Any advice welcome. Thank you

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    This the acessment center you attend where Pre warned that you intended to record  your acessment and this was prearranged then the acessment should not have gone ahead and you should have refused the acessment and made a formal complaint to the company and DWP. If you can prove or have prove that the acessment center knew you where going to record your acessment in advance then they where are at fault.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    wilko said:
    This the acessment center you attend where Pre warned that you intended to record  your acessment and this was prearranged then the acessment should not have gone ahead and you should have refused the acessment and made a formal complaint to the company and DWP. If you can prove or have prove that the acessment center knew you where going to record your acessment in advance then they where are at fault.
    Quite possibly. But as the assessment went ahead in any event with the permission of the claimant (never said no so otherwise has agreed) the decision will be based on what the assessor has written.
    As for using gadgets, I presume the claimant went in with recording equipment expecting to record the assessment - so yes he could have been said to be an amateur sound engineer!

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear this @pamela1962. Are you appealing the decision? It can seem overwhelming but we're here to advise wherever we can, so please do keep us updated.
  • pamela1962
    pamela1962 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    Hi Pippa I want to but I'm frightened to as I may lose the points I have. Anxiety wise I am finding it difficult too. 
    Thank you for your kind words.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.