More good news..... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

More good news.....

Options
cristobal
cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
After moaning on at the assessment provider, and inviting them to listen to the recording of my assessment and reconsider their report, the DWP have now changed my award to advanced care/mobility, valid until 2028.

Thanks to everyone for their advice & support during this process...

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done you, having recorded your acessment and persuaded the acessment company to listen to the recording and get your report amended to a better final award demands a high five. Hopefully with the full roll out of PIP recording claimants won’t have to provide and record their own acessments.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wilko said:
    Well done you, having recorded your acessment and persuaded the acessment company to listen to the recording and get your report amended to a better final award demands a high five. Hopefully with the full roll out of PIP recording claimants won’t have to provide and record their own acessments.
    I wouldn't be too sure that that will take off.
    If you look at ESA, there were similar complaints about the report not being truthful. The assessors were eventually forced into recording the assessments at the request of the claimant. Despite the great Hoo Hah the DWP eventually pointed out that not many claimants compared to the whole actually bothered to ask for the assessment to be recorded.

PIP may well go that way. Should the assessors be forced into purchasing enough equipment to go round every assessing centre and for every assessment when the possibility exists that not that many will take up the offer?

If the DWP actually go towards 'forcing' the assessors to record every assessment even if the claimant objects then that will lead us down a dangerous path. Not everybody, including myself would want to be forced (as in a police station) to accept that you are recorded. Maybe they would want to go the whole hog and make PIP conditional that you must have it recorded?   

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.