Hi, pip lied about my claim and I am at a loss of what to do — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, pip lied about my claim and I am at a loss of what to do

Options
jaepel96
jaepel96 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Recently after being on pip enhanced for the past year I had to go for an assessment. Since I was 14 years old I was diagnosed with severe PTSD anxiety bipolar as and hypermobility (hyper mobility was slightly younger) and I received my decision today and the woman has lied beyond belief. I cannot leave my house withput my carer and have difficulty hearing things which I proved by asking her to repeat herself numerous times due to the lack of hearing, I can't tell emotions of other people's or mix with other people due to being a risk and what it does to me, I.e lack of confidence, being scared, anxiety, can't understand when I'm annoying or upsetting somebody. I need help cooking and bathing and can't walk more than 200 metres without my back problems flaring up, I can't answer the door or the phone due to anxiety and my mental health know that and with being so I'll but not engaging which is normal in my circumstances due to the sexual abuse I suffered as a child and my mother trying to suffocate me to death also as a child leading to large anger problems and trust issues. I did not go for this, but I had been hit by a car about a month before and was still on crutches and they said I did all the exercises necessary I was on bloody crutches!!! I do not have any family or any other means luckily my carer has stuck with me but now it will have am effect on the money received. They scored me 0 points on everything I can't even get dressed when I arrived my hair was unbrushed and I was half in pyjamas still I had to reschedule my appointment given I could not bring myself to get out the house first time I struggle with changes and have major severe mood changes throughout the day I need help with bathing as in being prompted as I won't care for myself and I have set the kitchen on fire before trying to make food. I could go on but I'm sure you get the picture, I don't know what to do and I am very scared if anyone has any advice please let meknow. I am going to appeal it but I know nothing about it and have seen how many false assessments there have been I can't believe my eyes. Illness runs in my family I am disgusted the one thing that I thought saved my troubles has been the ruin of my semi lived life. Thanks Jordan. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello @jaepel96 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  Sorry what you have experienced at you assessment. Many of our community have been through similar including my self.

You come to the right place for support.

I am one of the team of community champions Who advise and help new members.

I would appeal. We have lots of information about appeals on our website.

Please also consider what you need to do.  

You will need to do a Mandatory Reconsideration.  Have a look on the website for further information.

CAB have additional information on their website as well.

Please ask if we can advise or help.  Some one will know from our community or team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • fredjr
    fredjr Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    hi im new to scope, i do understand how you feel i myself have just been sent a p45 and get a job letter from from the government i am i receipt of dla at the top rate ,i am not as bad as you but im riddled with arthritis and suffer badly with nephropathy, also depression and also got nil points, just sent a letter of with the help of my partner for some one to toss in the bin and will go to a tribunal when it come through, i have only just got of hospital with a toe problem due to diabetics. as i have it under control i am clear according to the HCP , BLESS HER.
    and yes she pick out the good bit and made me to be fit as a fiddle i have sent of pic with my claim of arthritis. so ill keep you posted. o and im bricking it if there take my dla away as i will not survive and no one is going to employ me as im on drugs and not good on my feet.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jaepel96, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your past experiences and your assessment outcome. I'm glad to hear you're taking things forwards and appealing the decision. This Scope page on DWP appeals may help you get started, and please do feel free to come back to us with any questions.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck

• It's best to do this in writing and give reasons why you disagree. The address to write to is on the decision letter you have received.
    • You must do this within a month of the original decision.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wishing you all the best with your appeal @fredjr, please do keep us updated.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This is becoming a common posting people being on DLA and migrating to PIP and losing part or of their benefits. The DLA claimants must focus on the PIP descriptors and how they impact on their daily lives in their abilities to do complete them giving reasons and examples. Remembering DLA was is about your illnesses / disabilities whereas PIP is all about your abilities to do complete the PIP descriptors.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wilko said:
    This is becoming a common posting people being on DLA and migrating to PIP and losing part or of their benefits. The DLA claimants must focus on the PIP descriptors and how they impact on their daily lives in their abilities to do complete them giving reasons and examples. Remembering DLA was is about your illnesses / disabilities whereas PIP is all about your abilities to do complete the PIP descriptors.
    Yes I agree. You could well have a claimant that is extremely sick and disabled and has been receiving DLA at the highest rate for years. Move over to PIP and they get nothing. Sometimes it has nothing to do with how you fill out the PIP form - some claimants just don't tick enough of the descriptors boxes despite it all.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Being disabled doesn't mean you qualify for PIP. If you don't meet the descriptors, you won't score the points for an award. It does help to have some understanding of what the descriptors mean and a lot of people don't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JennyF
    JennyF Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Options
    If possible, get help from the CAB or a charity. Something similar happened to a relative of mine at an ESA assessment  - 0 points which was ridiculous, no one who knew her thought she could work. On re-applying she was awarded a lot of points and a fair amount of money. The first time she was alone, the second time she had a knowledgeable friend from a relevant charity with her.
    Best wishes and good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.