Do i need another sick note? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do i need another sick note?

mollydolly99
mollydolly99 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I've been on ESA limited work activities for few years moved to new home in October 2018 which was a universal credit area so support worker set me up on this got a sick note for four months as uc required this(even though didn't need one on ESA) they have just asked for another one . I've also been swapped to new ESA  with limited work activities. Do I still need another sick note?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,933 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You shouldn't have needed a sick note to start with because you were in a group for ESA and you should have been placed in the relevant group for UC.

Not sure what you mean by "you've swapped to new ESA" New style ESA is contributions based and only for those that have paid enough NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years before your claim started.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mollydolly99
    Hi poppy@23456
    I thought that...but was told because I worked back in 1994 Should have automatically been put on contribution ESA when 1st claimedl years ago. Also another benefit officer stated because I paid insurance through ESA then I automatically would receive con ESA??
  • poppy123456
    Were you originally claim Incapacity benefit? before claiming ESA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mollydolly99
    No Severe disability and income support 
  • poppy123456
    Income Support only pays NI credits towards your state pension and this won't entitle you to claim New style ESA because you need to have worked and paid NI contributions to be able to claim this.

If you were in a group when you were claiming ESA the DWP should have honoured that decision and placed you in the relevant group for UC. If they haven't then you need to put a note on your journal and tell them which group you were previously in.
  • mollydolly99
    Thanks poppy123456. Very useful information. :) 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.