ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

barry01
barry01 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
i have received the letter saying my ESA has been stopped on 19th Jan. 2019 following medical. i have sent off mandatory reconsideration request. 
job centre has told me not to send in any doctors certificates until i have heard back from mandatory reconsideration [2 weeks] but i dont get any benefit in the meantime.
jobcentre also says once i file my appeal papers [if i need to] then send in in the doctors certificate dated from the 19 th Jan.    can someone tell me if this is genuine information -  many thanks  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This is all correct, providing you haven't claimed Universal credit? If you have claimed UC since being found fit for work then you won't be able to go back onto ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    How long did it take you to get your reply after medical
  • barry01
  • Dotty123
    Gosh thank you dreading it I went as can’t use hands god no’s what I’ll get thank you barry
  • barry01
    i got probs too both hands - arthritis
  • Dotty123
    I can’t use mine at all for anything what you think my chances are thanks
  • barry01
    i have other problems too but they rubbished everything - back again to another tribunal - think they want everyone on universal credit
  • Angiebabes2410
    Angiebabes2410 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    I wish you all the best for a swift outcome, when it is happening to you it seems like a lifetime and nothing is being done, I hope it all gets sorted soon. People say if you win you will be backdated but right now that doesn't help you to buy food , take care Angie xx 
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    I can’t use mine at all for anything what you think my chances are thanks
    No one on an internet forum can tell you what your chances are because no one knows exactly how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work. When being assessed for ESA it's about the work you can do and not the work you can't do.

May i ask how you use the computer?

Also have you taken a look at the descriptors for the Support Group? To be placed into this group you must satisfy at least one of those descriptors, it's not about scoring points.
    Descriptors here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    I have friend help me plus I have thumb 
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Well said dotty what a cheek asking you insinuating questions like that totally out of order . People are on here for help please refrain from such actions sir . 
  • Dotty123
    Yes thank you and yes I asked question from you not to be spoken to like that you could of bit your tongue and asked nicer thank you Clark Johnson for noticing x
  • poppy123456
    I have no idea what the other person said because i have them on ignore. I was actually trying to help, just like i've done with all your other questions. I'll now add you to my ignore list as well.
  • clarkjohnson
    Your welcome that's no way to treat a lady . Toms my real name tc X 
  • Dotty123
    Hi tom I only asked simple question I’m karen 
  • Dotty123
    Typedplz don’t ignore me  into ignore me plz it nice having someone with manners  your comment
  • clarkjohnson
    Don't worry Karen if he was a man he would apologise to you for his appalling comment s let other decent people on this forum judge him for themselves were not the only ones I can tell you far from it  . Tc X 
  • poppy123456
    For your information i'm not a man. I didn't apologise because i have nothing to apologise for, i was trying to help her. You clearly don't like me and never have, which was why you were questioning me just a couple of weeks ago.
  • clarkjohnson
    Excuse me you just said that you've got me on ignore ??  As for questioning why did you ask Karen that question could you enlighten us . 
  • Dotty123
    I meant when asked what were my chances I can use my thumb also have Alexa helps me sorry I asked Clark has been a Grt help to me I’ve Neva had review before thank you Tom xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.