Called DWP and was told I'm high priority how much longer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Called DWP and was told I'm high priority how much longer

Lee123
Lee123 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
Hi all
I had my tribunal witch was very quick I must say,waited no longer then a month for my paper hearing I won and got standard daily living and enhanced mobility so was pretty happy how ever it's been to weeks so I called dwp and was told by 1st lady that I was high priority?? Any one no how much longer and why I should be high priority
Any ways I called back and was told by a man that it can take 4 weeks! As they have the right to appeal he never mentioned me being high priority and I never new they could appeal this 
Anyone that can help on this I would much appreciate it

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news,

DWP have the same rights as we do to appeal the decision. To do this must ask for the statement of reasons and they have 1 month from the date of the decision to request this.  Then they must find an error in law.,  If they don't find that they can't appeal the decision.

It can take 8 weeks to pay backdated money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee123
    Thanks poppy 
    I never they can do that just when you think the stress is all over they come up with something else
    I really hope that they don't appeal this fingersf crossed 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If they do request the statement of reasons they'll write to you. Requesting this doesn't mean they're appealing, it just means they're requesting it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lee123
    Alright then thank you for letting me know.lets hope for the best 
  • Colino
    Colino Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    To me it feels like legalised  mental cruelty , making  vulnerable people wait so long for appeals and payments , is there any human rights laws they are violating ?  
  • Lee123
    Hi colino
    That's exactly how I feel
    Unfortunately I don't think that there is one from what I've read up today it's there option if  fthe want to or not.its very stressful and unfair
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    If they do request the statement of reasons they'll write to you. Requesting this doesn't mean they're appealing, it just means they're requesting it.
    Based on what Mike [removed by moderator] said in a post yesterday relating to a claimant having lost the FTT hearing that it is very easy to find at least one error.
    If it is that easy for the claimant to find errors, I wonder why it isn't that easy for the DWP to find at least one? Surely it doesn't take 4 weeks to find it?

Given Mike's expert opinion I am therefore surprised that so few cases go to the Upper Tribunal by the DWP.
    Maybe the DWP aren't professional enough to handle this work.
  • cat6873
    cat6873 Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    @Lee123 Great news! I won my PIP tribunal December 12th and got the backdated payments on week 5 so hang in there!  
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    I too won my appeal and i got my back pay 5 weeks later.
    DWP did not ask for statement of reasons but did wait 28 days. It does take around 5/6 weeks for payment to be put in place.
    Goodluck
  • Lee123
    Thank you all
    Just an update I called DWP and they said my cliam is being processed does this mean they are not asking for statnesta of reason? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.