ESA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

2»

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi @Dotty123
    i know it’s difficult at times but please don’t be angry with poppy she does give very good advice and the fact that she mentioned using a computer is nothing different to what you could be asked at an assessment.
    Bear in mind they could say if you can use a computer you can use your hands unless these things are pointed out at assessment they will find any reason to say you are fit.
    Poppy was just trying to be helpful.Good luck 
        Debsidoo.x
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Thank you I’m not mad at her at all I only have thumb I needed to no if my esa stops I still have no hands so how do I work poppy has been Grt x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    @debsidoo thank you very much for those kind words!

@Dotty123 i didn't block you, i just chose not to reply anymore.

I was angry with a certain person, who seems to have taken a dislike to me, of which i have reported. I do not and will not have to answer to anyone, much less a person that has clearly taken a dislike to me.

I genuinely was only trying to help you because as debsidoo has said they will ask you all sorts of questions during your assessment and they are always one step ahead of you.

I put the link up to the Support Group descriptors so that you can see if any of those will apply to you.

I know exactly how scary these assessments are because i had mine in October/November and i can't tell you how nervous i was. Just be honest and answer those questions as best you can.

I know it's worrying because you don't know what will happen if you were found fit for work but try not to worry just yet because you're still receiving your ESA. If the worst happens then come back here and someone will advise you what you need to do. Always remember that we only ever hear the bad stories on the internet and rarely hear to good ones. I've never had a bad assessment, or assessment report. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Thank you you’ve been Grt my sister txts for mostly thank you for the nice words and good luck your a star xx
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Good morning everyone hope your all fine glad you've sorted the misunderstanding out like everyone says it is hard to understand people's feelings sometimes at difficult times . Let's all be friends because we've all issues . I've got nothing against poppy perhaps I shouldn't listen to what everyone tells me in the future. Some of the questions seem a little unfeeling but that's just my opinion I'm only human . Sending love to poppy and any misunderstanding forgotten your obviously a lady with good intention perhaps I could learn a lot from a interlectual person like yourself if I've got an issue I'm sure you'll advise myself and others in your honest way and not take it personally when it's not . Good luck all X 
  • Dotty123
    Hi sorry to bother you can I ask I went to my esa during interview I asked woman if she had my drs report she said no ,it was sent 15jan for appt 24/jan she said must of gone to another department shouldn’t she of had it with her x
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Haven't got a clue dotty 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    Where was the report sent to DWP or the health assessment provider? It should have been sent to the health assessment. She may not have had it with her but it may have been inside your file. I wouldn't worry too much, although i know that's easier said than done.

As it was the 24th yesterday, was that when you had your face to face assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
  • poppy123456
    Wait a week then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

If you don't understand what the letter means, i'll happily help you to understand it but to do this you'll need to type some parts of the letter out on here but make sure you don't add any personal information.
  • Dotty123
  • Dotty123
    Well rushed drs tonight no 192/100 blood sugar 20 lost half stone why do they treat us like that losing benefit if appeal home sorry just mad I’m I’ll with this xx?
  • Dotty123
  • Dotty123
    Clark Johnson I got this bout payment don’t no if right could try x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.