ESA 2 YR RE-ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA 2 YR RE-ASSESSMENT

charlie79
charlie79 Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
I need advise when I originally started ESA my assessment was paper based due to lots of evidence re: my rape  and other issues. The severity of my my situation is the same and will never change.
I have sent in detailed evidence from SLAM saying i cannot live or do things on a daily basis and need constant prompting and care and they went into great detail about my medications ptsd agoraphobia and stated i was house bound without question in there letter.
I also sent a letter from my Doctor in great detail. Both letters say i need a home visit as housebound and go into great detail.
I have an apt on the 4/02/19 which has been left open until seen these. I only managed to send SLAM letter as I had to wait for cpn to do her 2 weekly visit.
I re-sent all medical evidence yesterday just in case via email and also sent to them the evidence by recorded delivery yesterday. 
How long before they contact me im so nervous. I AM A 100% housebound. I wouldnt be able to go to Assessment Centre Physically if I wanted to

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

Unfortunately no one can answer your question about time scales. Did you send the evidence to the health assessment providers or DWP? It should be the health assessment providers. Have you tried ringing the to ask if the've received it? It's really the only way you'll know you're answer, i'm afraid. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • charlie79
    They have received it This morning and yes it was to the assessment people. I called and they had received it via email and i checked online with Royal Mail as I also sent it by recorded delivery and it had been signed for
  • charlie79
    Should I contact my MP or wait until Monday
  • poppy123456
    As they only received it today then wait until Monday. You can also ask for a reasonable adjustment under the EA 2010.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charlie79
    When should I ask for a EA 2010  
  • charlie79
    HOW  DO i DO A REASONABLE ADJUSTMENT 2010. IS IT A FORM I HAVE TO FILL OUT A LETTER I HAVE TO SEND OR A REQUEST I CAN DO VIA PHONE

• poppy123456
    The EA 2010 is the Equity act for disabled people. It explains it here. You should put your home assessment request in writing and mention the EA 2010.

I'd wait to see if they contact you after sending the letter today, as they only received it today.

I don't know how your conditions affect you so it's extremely difficult to give any further advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.