Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

Tidbits
Tidbits Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all,
I was sent an appointment for an ESA assessment for January 15th, after getting medical evidence from my doctor (I suffer from severe anxiety and cannot leave my house) they decided that I still have to go to the assessment centre to have my assessment, which was supposed to be today (24.01) I managed to get them to put it back again to the 15th February after supplying more medical evidence from my doctor confirming my severe anxiety diagnosis. I'm terrified that they're still going to try to make me travel to my appointment, I don't have any other evidence apart from that of my doctor about my anxiety. Where do I go from here?

Comments

• Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    They’ve made everyone attend the assessment no home visits apologies if I’m wrong
  • Tidbits
    I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in that case then. I haven't been able to leave my house for six months because of the anxiety.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Have you asked for a home assessment? and sent a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can attend the assessment centre.

Do you leave your house to attend other appointments? If you do then this will go against you for having the home assessment. They could say and i've heard this has happened many times, that if you can attend other appointments then you can attend the assessment cenrtre.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tidbits
    Hi,

Have you asked for a home assessment? and sent a letter from your GP stating the reasons why you can attend the assessment centre.

Do you leave your house to attend other appointments? If you do then this will go against you for having the home assessment. They could say and i've heard this has happened many times, that if you can attend other appointments then you can attend the assessment cenrtre.
    Hi there, no I don't leave my house to go to any other appointments. I haven't seen my doctor in months because of the anxiety and have missed several important hospital appointments too. She's also informed them that it's gotten so bad that I'm no longer able to get to the shop, my parents house (who live around the corner) or take my daughter to nursery (my partner does this for me)
  • poppy123456
    Ask for a reasonable adjustment under the EA 10.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • deedee55
    deedee55 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi im in similar situation 2 yrs sgoi gt home assesment due to my illnesses plus agoraphobia he gave me 6 points it went to tribunal i gt 24 points. Now due to dla changing to pip im having to go thriught it all again even though my dla was awarded for lufe. I was so upset yesterday i had a panic attack on the pho e at yhe thought of having to attend. So im praying my dr again will back me for the home assesment cos before may il have to go through it again for esa again. They are puttung people through hell with these assesments. Its not goid enough. This country should look after theur own for a change
  • Dotty123
    It’s disgrace what there doing to peaple granted some may be use if the system wrong what’s that saying innocent till prove guilty they have us all down as guilty treat us like something they walked in how many peaple have been I’ll worse with this assessment thing good luck 
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hopeless isn't it glad I'm on the countdown till retirement get the rods out bit of fishing me thinks 
  • Dotty123
    Hi again this assessment **** has me ill what do I do if they say I can work I’ve no fingers one thumb how will I keep my home thank you x
  • clarkjohnson
    System s all wrong dotty isn't it I feel sorry for people it's making there health worse how can that be helpful to anyone tc 
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Hi again this assessment **** has me ill what do I do if they say I can work I’ve no fingers one thumb how will I keep my home thank you x
    HI Dotty,

I know you're really worried about this whole ESA review but there's nothing more you can do now until a decision's been made on your claim. I think i remember reading that you had your assessment yesterday, is that correct? If so then hopefully it won't be long before a decision is made.

Try to relax a little, i know that's very difficult but it's not going to help thinking the worst. There are some good HCPs out there. Fingers crossed for you that you have the decision in your favour and be put into one of the groups.
  • clarkjohnson
    Yes let's hope so dotty 
  • Dotty123
    Thank you both xx
  • deedee55
    deedee55 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    My esa is coming ip b4 may and my pip now. Last time i had home assesment the pug gave me 6 points. It went yo tribunal and i was awarded 24. Dont worry if you have to go tribunal do it. I got alk my money backdated but it was hard i had no money for 8 weeks. Im dreading going through it twice in amatter if months. Goid luck Dottie x
  • Dotty123
    Thank you I will go to tribunal def I can’t use my hands at all family friends do my cooking shopping feeding dressing chops luck to you to x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.