Positive news after an assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive news after an assessment?

Options
lst84
lst84 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi had my PIP medical last week and it was awful the asessor was not interested in what I was saying and I feel it didn’t go well at all! I received a message to say the DWP had received my written report I’m dreading my decision I have fibromyalgia hyper mobility and anxiety and depression I’m in the esa support group can anyone give me any positive news they have had after an assessment 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lst84 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions. Who help and advise new members.

There will be members who have had positive outcomes of their assessments.

All I can add we are here to support you.  I know waiting for the result is full of anxiety .

Having been there myself so many times.

My concern as a community member are you receiving any support with your mental health ?

Contact the Doctor if you feel you need to discuss your mental health issues.

Please keep in touch we are here to be supportive.

Please ask if we can help and advise.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lst84, and a warm welcome to the community!

Well done on getting through your assessment, and I'm sorry to hear you found it so difficult. Unfortunately I'm sure many of our members will be able to relate. However, you're among friends here. Do feel free to ask any questions, or if you're just in need of a distraction in the meantime, you may be interested in our coffee lounge discussions

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.