Appealing PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing PIP

Options
Jacquilucy
Jacquilucy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I went to have my assessment on Wednesday she tried to make out I was telling lies I am in wheelcgair24/7 but all she can't saying why why can't you do this yourself now I got my letter back today saying iam only going to get standard which makes me sick as my brother in law gets standard and their nothing wrong with him he can cook wash himself dress himself walks everywhere makes me sick why he gets same as me when I can't do a thing for myself I am going to appeal 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jacquilucy, and a warm welcome to the community.

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear about your PIP experience and outcome. That must have been really disheartening.

It's important to remember that not all disabilities are visible, but I can understand your frustrations and I'm glad to hear you're appealing the decision. This Scope guidance on appealing DWP decisions may help you to get started, and we have lots of knowledgeable members here on the community: please do feel free to ask any questions and we'll do our best to advise.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.