Refused home assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Refused home assessment

purplesam69
purplesam69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve joined this group because it seems helpful and friendly. I’m my daughters Carer and appointee. She suffers from anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, Agoraphobia and BPD. She claims ESA and PIP. Her PIP is up for renewal and I’ve requested a home visit. They refused because the form I completed mentions her aggression and violence. They’ve now requested a letter from doctor confirming she hasn’t shown aggression towards her. Fingers crossed they agree to home visit. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @purplesam69 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help and advise new members.

Wish you all the best for your daughters PIP assessment.  Keep in touch.

Please ask if we can help and advise.

Some one will know.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @purplesam69, and a warm welcome to the community! Fingers crossed for the adjustments and home assessment your daughter needs, please do keep us updated. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I’ve joined this group because it seems helpful and friendly. I’m my daughters Carer and appointee. She suffers from anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, Agoraphobia and BPD. She claims ESA and PIP. Her PIP is up for renewal and I’ve requested a home visit. They refused because the form I completed mentions her aggression and violence. They’ve now requested a letter from doctor confirming she hasn’t shown aggression towards her. Fingers crossed they agree to home visit. 
    They have to assess her, at home or at a centre.
    I do hope that everything works out fine for you.
    What is the alternative to a home visit on the grounds of possible aggression?
    An assessment at a centre with a burly security guard in the room protecting the assessor? Absolutely ridiculous.

• purplesam69
    purplesam69 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your kind words. I will keep you posted x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.